Bombay Duck promo film 1967

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bombay Duck promo film 1967

Postby telstarlucy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:28 pm

Hi, I haven't posted anything here before (as I haven't needed to!) but I've never seen this discussed anywhere.

I came across these photos of the Shads making a promo film for Bombay Duck at Canvey Point in 1967, with actress Lynn Waller too who was "dressed up as Bombay Duck to be ‘shot at’ by the boys with shotguns"!!

https://www.canveyisland.org/history-2/ ... -the-point

Has anyone ever seen this?
Does a copy still exist somewhere or has it been lost?
telstarlucy

Full Real Name: Lucy Koser

Re: Bombay Duck promo film 1967

Postby iefje » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:41 am

Thank you for posting the link to the website. I haven't seen the pictures before, very interesting. The promo film for "Maroc 7" was released as a special feature on the DVD and Blu-Ray of the film "Maroc 7", released in 2020:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maroc-7-DVD-Ge ... C79&sr=1-1
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Teflon » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:06 pm

iefje wrote:Thank you for posting the link to the website. I haven't seen the pictures before, very interesting. The promo film for "Maroc 7" was released as a special feature on the DVD and Blu-Ray of the film "Maroc 7", released in 2020:.........

The Maroc 7 promo has just surfaced on Youtube :) . Not something I'd seen before, so thankyou to whoever posted it (I'll bet it was someone from here):

Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby iefje » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

Teflon wrote:
iefje wrote:Thank you for posting the link to the website. I haven't seen the pictures before, very interesting. The promo film for "Maroc 7" was released as a special feature on the DVD and Blu-Ray of the film "Maroc 7", released in 2020:.........

The Maroc 7 promo has just surfaced on Youtube :) . Not something I'd seen before, so thankyou to whoever posted it (I'll bet it was someone from here):

Yes, that's the promo film. However, the first 28 seconds, The Shadows' introduction from the 1967 promo single issue of the track, has been added by the uploader on YouTube. The original promo film only features the track "Maroc 7" itself.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Stan666 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Wow.
Nice to see.
Stan666

Full Real Name: Miquel Castillo

Postby Moderne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Thanks very much for the link. I never knew that a promo film was made for Bombay Duck...does it exist anywhere? I have an idea that Lynn Waller was John's girlfriend...
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Postby JimN » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am

Moderne wrote:Thanks very much for the link. I never knew that a promo film was made for Bombay Duck...does it exist anywhere? I have an idea that Lynn Waller was John's girlfriend...

Indeed, she was.

But not, apparently, for long.

There is some information about this in the recently re-published book "Funny Old World" by the late Rob Bradford. Re-formatted with modern printing/publishing technology and with many restored and improved photographs, both monochrome and colour. Improved and updated lists of compositions and recordings too.

Available from Leo's Den, with proceeds going to brain tumour charities.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/yr4AAOSwPzFlzLLG/s-l1600.jpg

That ad shows it at a higher price.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Moderne » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 pm

Thanks Jim...not bought the new book yet, and not sure where my original is! I remember Rob telling me - about 25 years ago - during my Temebeats-Svengali phase!
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Return to The Shadows