Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Postby Alan Prudhoe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 pm

No need to scour YouTube.
As I said above they trawl the agents looking for professional acts to appear then fast track the "auditions".
Alan Prudhoe

Postby Uncleboko » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm

I would say that Lettice Bigtitsbottom was bloody awful.
Uncleboko

Full Real Name: Stephen Giles

Postby Martyn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Uncleboko wrote:I would say that Lettice Bigtitsbottom was bloody awful.

Aside from her obvious exuberance and unlike her chest, did anyone notice her last section was flat as a pancake? For someone so allegedly 'talented' you'd think she'd be able to maintain correct pitch at least. :|
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Postby Pat Seaman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:52 am

I would suggest that, like many of the so-called 'artistes' on those types of programme, she is tone-deaf and doesn't know it.

What was the tune she played, I couldn't recognize it?

The whole thing stinks of set-up anyway!

Pat.
Pat Seaman

Postby noelford » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Just following up the YouTube link, I checked on the magician. A Canadian. Visiting the UK purely to be on the show. BRITAIN'S got Talent?!!!
noelford

Postby isti51 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi!
I saw a youtube clip.
Steve is a great hero!
He plays very good.
Simon and the two geese are for vomiting. ;)
I dont watch any shows like this,I watch only premiere legauge,or pirmera division.
isti51

Postby Derek Mowbray » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Steve, great stuff but I think you should have played something more lively, a lot of people come on these talent shows and sing this type of sentimental songs such as You Raise Me Up etc usually with a sob story to go with it .If you would have been a single mother on benifits you might have got somewhere.
Derek Mowbray

Full Real Name: Derek Mowbray

Postby Bojan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 am

Perhaps a different song or a medley would have had more success with the judges, but as I understood it, Steve wanted to play this song for his father, which was more important to him than pleasing the judges, who, except one, were biased from the very beginning and extremely rude. To do what he did took courage and integrity. I applaud you Steve!!

Bojan
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 pm

The song choice was a classic example of what doesn't work as a good instrumental in the style of The Shadows, it's the words that are strong, the tune is more of a dirge and boring on it's own - no dynamics anywhere to exploit. That said, I respect Steve for playing it for his dad. IMHO all the panel are a bunch of ***** - I'll have to bar myself if I say it ! ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Tastes change

Postby abstamaria » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:50 pm

I am afraid musical tastes have changed and also the level of presentation and impact - performance - that audiences expect. Shadows-style music slipped from mainstream when the Beatles and company made headway. That was 50 years ago!

Of course, we love that music, and I congratulate Steve for his dedication and effort, but we are not many anymore and our numbers decreasing. Our audience won't stay late to watch a show and if they do it would be not really for the music but the memories they bring.

The challenge for me and the ad hoc musical company I play with is how to play "Apache" and such the old way but give it new impact, make it interesting to people who had never heard it.

I am not surprised at all. The woman violinist had an act from beginning to end; she is quite smart.

Andres
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows