Lakeside....

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Lakeside....

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Gary Allen wrote:Is there any reason why Bruce wont appear at these things anymore ?

As far as I know, Bruce retired from it two years ago, simple as that, so Shadowmania came to an end. Last year, a member of this site put on ShadowsFix at his own risk to keep the spirit of it going. Lakeside then put one on as a commercial venture and are doing so again this year. Already in recent months there have been similar events put on by Shads clubs in Scarborough and Newcastle, as well as Pipeline which started it all. Bruce would be welcome to visit all of them if he wished to.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Gary Allen » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks Dave, and thanks Iain for replying. He must miss it all the same. Fond memories of him giving "The Savage" a good whack. Gary
Gary Allen

Full Real Name: Gary Allen

Postby Iain Purdon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:45 am

Shadowmania was a great event and Bruce can be proud of it. He created loads of fresher memories for us than we could ever have expected. Now it's up to our grey cells, or what's left of them, to relive our favourite moments.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Derek Misselbrook » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Iain_P wrote:Shadowmania was a great event and Bruce can be proud of it. He created loads of fresher memories for us than we could ever have expected. Now it's up to our grey cells, or what's left of them, to relive our favourite moments.

Hi Iain I see that you will be on the Lakeside stage this year, I'm surprised you have not mentioned it here :o ....... I'm sure that will become a favorite moment to you knowing who's been on there before...I hope to be there also... Watching
:D
Derek W Misselbrook.
Derek Misselbrook

Full Real Name: Derek Misselbrook

Postby johnto » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:57 pm

I collected our tickets from Lakeside yesterday. Table 28 :D
johnto

Postby dave robinson » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm sorry I won't be there as there's somebody I wanted to see, but I can wait. The good news is, I can guarantee the top of the bill will be good, they've got our bass player and three former members of Past Masters. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby bassbaby » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:17 pm

ROLL ON LAKESIDE ..ALAN IS LOOKING FORWARD ONCE AGAIN TO SEEING OLD FRIENDS AND SHADS FANS AT THE EVENT.. APACHEMANIA ROCKED IT LAST YEAR..ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE SELL OUT SHOW WITH THE LOCAL HEROES IN NOVEMBER..ALAN SENDS REGARDS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED LAST YEAR.AND RETURNING THIS YEAR.. BEEN A GOOD YEAR AND MORE TO COME NEXT YEAR XX
bassbaby

Postby piecrusty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Just wanted to say a big 'Good luck' to all those partaking in Lakeside this year, on behalf of myself and The Ghostriders & The Diamond Geezers, we hope you all have a great weekend!

Best of luck to the 'boys' in Shazam for their well deserved appearance and particularly to Iain Purdon, who is one of the nicest bass players around, knock 'em dead matey!

My all time bass hero and late night drinking partner, Mr Alan Jones will be on top form I'm sure. Have a great weekend all of you!

Cheers :D
piecrusty

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Looking forward to the videos, hopefully there will be some. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby bassbaby » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Lakeside was brilliant as usual.made better with the presence of bruce looking really well xx
bassbaby

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows