Reunion - Cliff - how arrogant

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Reunion - Cliff - how arrogant

Postby neil2726 » 02 Jan 2010, 14:28

Totally out of order! lets face it Cliff is a master at what he does, has a great sense of humour and isnt afraid tp speak his mind and give HIS opinion. You might not agree but everyone has their own opinion. Best of all he doesnt mind sending himself up!
neil2726

Postby asimmd » 02 Jan 2010, 14:43

Hi All

I think at the end of the concert Cliff is thanking everyone for being there and actually say's

"Thank you so much for coming,it's been such a boring night"

I am not having a go,I just thought it a rather strange thing to say,and
I wonderd why no-one else has picked up on it?

Alan
asimmd

Postby Stageleft » 02 Jan 2010, 14:59

That's because he says---"thanks for coming WITHOUT YOU it would have been such a boring night"--quite a different meaning.
By the way there is no exact script just a general guide at each "chat" point and he does change it --I know 'cos I give him all the cues in his ears!
Stageleft

Postby Pedro » 02 Jan 2010, 15:15

To change track a little. I left the music scene on Wirral in the early 60s and only recently took an interest in music again. I have however, always wondered whether there was a particular technique Hank used to play whilst holding the tremolo bar. I could never master the trick.
Pedro

Postby dave robinson » 02 Jan 2010, 15:47

I can see where you are coming from with the original post, but I think it's just a figure of speech that has been mis-interpreted and doesn't really justify a full blown argument. You can love him or loathe him, but try to remember that without Cliff, we wouldn't have had The Shadows . . . . Also, may I say that some should acquire a sense of humour and lighten up a bit, as well as listening carefully to what was actually said and the way it was said :idea: ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby alewis41 » 02 Jan 2010, 16:31

Old Fart wrote:Can't stick the bloke at any price, He always has been a self centered big head. He seems obsessed about getting a No.1 all the time. Well, sorry mate, you have had your day, Time to move over. :yawn:

Why is this crap allowed on the site when a discussion about what the Shads do in their spare time is censored and closed?
alewis41

Postby ecca » 02 Jan 2010, 17:07

Good old Stiffy, I like him.
ecca

Postby Bluesnote » 02 Jan 2010, 17:53

dave robinson wrote:I can see where you are coming from with the original post, but I think it's just a figure of speech that has been mis-interpreted and doesn't really justify a full blown argument. You can love him or loathe him, but try to remember that without Cliff, we wouldn't have had The Shadows . . . . Also, may I say that some should acquire a sense of humour and lighten up a bit, as well as listening carefully to what was actually said and the way it was said :idea: ;)

Yes obviously a touchy subject for some in here. My take on the subject is that this is a site about the Shadows and having an arguement about a singer has no place in this site, especially when it leads to ill feeling and the first upset of the year. And we're only just into it too.
Personally I'd rather we'd kicked it off in a more happy fashion. We're all either guitarists, drummers, bassists, or keyboard players mainly.
Lets keep it at that and just have a good time, and less of the negative stuff.
I can quite easily get an arguement from her indoors without coming in here to have one :lol:
Hugh.
Bluesnote

Postby MikeAB » 02 Jan 2010, 18:21

It has always seemed to me that over the years Cliff has gone out of his way to mention the Shads in most of his solo interviews - even when it wasn't necessary.
MikeAB

Postby alewis41 » 02 Jan 2010, 22:02

Old Fart wrote:Andrew, This "crap" as you so politely put it, is allowed because, here in Great Britain we have a thing called "free speech". You and others might not like what I say and if you don't, thats fine because I don't really care. You are also free to express your opinion and I may not agree with it, but I sure as hell would defend your right to say it.

Jimbo :clap:

Okay, fine. So I can say you're a miserable, patronizing, self-absorbed loser, but that's okay because it's "free speech". Thanks for the clarification.
alewis41

PreviousNext

Return to The Main Board