Reunion - Cliff - how arrogant

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Reunion - Cliff - how arrogant

Postby damart » 03 Jan 2010, 23:17

I'm not a Yank. But I do preside in the town where the Ventures started. :D
damart

Postby George Geddes » 03 Jan 2010, 23:45

Tito Burns wasn't a Yank either...

George
George Geddes

Postby David Martin » 04 Jan 2010, 08:41

Neither is George Geddes...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby dobroman » 04 Jan 2010, 10:15

Hi All,

I have just watched "An Audience with Ciff Richard" (recorded from ITV3). Judging from some of the comments it was made about 10 years ago!
Bruce Welsh was in the audience and there was some banter between BW and CR, about money and "who made who". And it was clearly that - banter. It was good natured and both were laughing about the comments.

A bit niaive maybe, but it did occur to me, that if there was a real problem between CR and the Shadows, BW would not have been there.

What has gone on between then and now . . . who knows.

Regards

Brian
dobroman

Postby drakula63 » 04 Jan 2010, 15:53

Can I just say that I thought the recent Paul O'Grady interview with Cliff/Shads/Cilla was one of the most enjoyable interviews I have ever seen. I watched it last night with a friend, also a huge Shads fan, and he agreed. They all seemed to be having a great time and the whole thing was engrossing. Loved it. Sorry, but there we are...
drakula63

Postby David JM » 04 Jan 2010, 16:06

As Harry Hill would say............

"Cliff or The Shads";........"The Shads or Cliff............".

"I wonder - which one is better??"

"Mmmm, there's only one way to find out ----- "FIGHT........!!"
David JM

Postby Martyn » 04 Jan 2010, 16:37

Well I'm going to stand up and say exactly what I think, no matter who gets upset: "I hate eating cold custard!".

So there . . . anyone want a fight with jelly and a treacle covered cosh? Nothing wrong with me . . . nurse - the screens . . .
Martyn

Postby Stratpicker » 04 Jan 2010, 16:39

dobroman wrote:Hi All,

I have just watched "An Audience with Ciff Richard" (recorded from ITV3). Judging from some of the comments it was made about 10 years ago!
Bruce Welsh was in the audience and there was some banter between BW and CR, about money and "who made who". And it was clearly that - banter. It was good natured and both were laughing about the comments.

A bit niaive maybe, but it did occur to me, that if there was a real problem between CR and the Shadows, BW would not have been there.

What has gone on between then and now . . . who knows.

Regards

Brian

Brian - its "Welch" ! LOL!!
I saw the prog too and it was clear that they were on good terms. The "who let you in?" gag led into some (contrived) gags about how much The Shads were paid in the 60's. All harmless fun. The prog must be at least 5 years old as Sir John Mills and Jeremy Beadle are no longer with us. Incidentally, the opening "Move It" was a real Rocking version with (John Clark??) giving it some Welly on a green Strat from stageside - the guitar was "screaming" on full OD and feedback - awesome sound and superb playing.
Following on from this, the Reunion DVD has a nice, all too short, behind the scenes section and it is clear that all the guys are having a good time - STILL!!
cheers
Ian
Stratpicker

Postby Bob Dore » 04 Jan 2010, 18:07

Martyn wrote:Well I'm going to stand up and say exactly what I think, no matter who gets upset: "I hate eating cold custard!".

I'll have yours then. I love cold custard.

Bob.
Bob Dore

Postby dobroman » 04 Jan 2010, 18:25

Hi Ian,

Sorry about the mis-spelling, I written his name many times, hopefully most of them were spelt correctly.

You mention the lead guitar, ?John Clark?, I've been trying to find his name, thanks for that. I particularly like the way he did "It'll Be Me" on the 40th Anniversary concert (if you haven't seen it it's on YouTube).

Happy New Year to you.

Regards

Brian
dobroman

PreviousNext

Return to The Main Board