New Guitar ! ! Do You Ask Your Wife / Partner First

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

New Guitar ! ! Do You Ask Your Wife / Partner First

Postby OLDEREK » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm

I ask this question because over the years I have read on most sites....."I'll have to see what er in doors says first "............."If I speak nicely to her, and get the new washing machine she wants, then maybe I can slide off to the music shop"............."At least by having all the same colour she never knows how many I have got "..............."The way I get over it, is to have the new guitar sent to my works, and I leave home in the morning with a empty guitar case, and come home at night with the new guitar in it"..........

So I have to be honest, I think I have been very lucky, I have never asked / told / bribed, my wife about getting one more guitar, I suppose one day she will catch up with me, and I exspect she will be like the rest...........YOUV'E GOT HOW MANY.........WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED THAT MANY FOR........ALL THESE YEARS I'VE BEEN CAREFUL WITH YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
OLDEREK

Re: New Guitar ! ! Do You Ask Your Wife / Partner First

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:11 pm

You mean to say she doesn't know how many you have? Who cleans them? :D .......... and to answer your question, no.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby bridev » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 pm

You mean you can AFFORD new guitars????? :D :D
Anyway she who will be obeyed would only say "you cant play any of the four you've already got, why buy another one?" :lol:

Brian
The older the fiddler the sweeter the tune
bridev

Full Real Name: brian devlin

Postby Mikey » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:58 pm

They just don't understand!
Mikey

Postby chas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 pm

My suggestion to those who have quite a few guitars is to leave the house with an empty hardcase, then return later with a full one and lose the new one amongst the existing collection...
When you eventually get found out, you didn't get the idea from me! :lol:
Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Postby Bluesnote » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:29 pm

I suppose in the early years of marriage most of us did'nt have too much money to go buying guitars willy nilly. I know I did'nt. My excuse at the time was....well its making me money so whats the problem then? As for now, I just go get one if I like what I see in a music shop. As a matter of fact 'when she picks me up at the airport when I get back, I'll have one extra piece of luggage with me that I did'nt leave with. No I did'nt take the empty case with me, I just bought another one along with the new guitar that I got here, that I'm sure she's just going to love cleaning :roll:
As afore mentioned...they just dont understand do they? :lol:
Bluesnote

Postby Apache1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:37 pm

'Mr. Clark, I have reviewed this case very carefully,' the divorce Court
Judge said, 'And I've decided to give your wife £775 a week,'
'That's very fair, your honour,' the husband said. 'And every now and
then I'll try to send her a few Quid myself.'
after I have replaced the strings on the 40 guitars ! ! ! :lol:
Apache1

Postby BrianD » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:05 am

This is the best argument in favour of "aged" / " relic" guitars. You get one and then when the wife spots it and says "is that another new guitar" you can say "well, it's just a an old battered one" with total truth. Beieve me. It works. My Relic Strat and aged Les Paul both arrived with barely a murmour but when I bought a shiney new USA Strat (a fraction of the price of the Les Paul) all hell broke loose. I thought I should put the lawyer on stand-by!! ;)

Brian
BrianD

Full Real Name: Brian Dandridge

Postby ecca » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:11 am

Do you bugger.
ecca

Postby Bojan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:58 am

OLDEREK wrote:...........YOUV'E GOT HOW MANY.........WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED THAT MANY FOR........ALL THESE YEARS I'VE BEEN CAREFUL WITH YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Just turn the situation around and imagine that the above is your response to your wife's "annoying" penchant for collecting fur coats. "Darling, you already have a mink coat, a mink stole, a chinchilla jacket, three silver fox collars, two Persian lamb pelts, two baby seal jackets . . . What the hell do you need that many for?!!

You can also substitute fur coats with jewelry! YOUV'E GOT HOW MANY DIAMOND RINGS, PEARL NECKLACES, GOLDEN BRACELETS, PLATINUM BROCHES?? .........WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED THAT MANY FOR!!!!! :) :)
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Next

Return to The Shadows