Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Postby ecca » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 am

I've been trying to find the place to complain about their ill mannered response.
They must have known what Steve was going to do, some producer or other was perfectly aware of it.
Anyone know how ?
I never watch the programme normally .
ecca

Postby noelford » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am

The 'lunch' conversation was quite clearly scripted, cynically planned before Steve even played a note, how else did the director know when to go to that shot? The producers of these programmes exploit the baser human desire to see someone fail in order to make 'good television'. Typically, the reaction of the audience in no way supported what the TV producers decided was going to be the judges' reaction to Steve, but that doesn't seem to be something they take into account.
noelford

Postby dyker124 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:56 am

Steve,

You played perfectly mate. It was just a pity that there was no judges to judge you. The pathetic judging panel they have are only looking for someone young, probably a singer, unkempt and jigging about that can make Simon lots of ££££. Your performance was spot-on, the judging panel ignorant. You were very brave to even stand up there. Please don't give them the time of day in the future.

You'll always be our hero.

Best wishes
Roger
WSGC
dyker124

Full Real Name: Roger John Dyke

Postby Alan Prudhoe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 am

BGT only tell you what they want you to know.

For instance, they never mention that they trawl the agencies looking for acts to go on the show.
No standing in the rain for hours, no preliminary auditions, if selected you go straight through to the televised auditions in front of Cowell and Co.

Probably just as well since I couldn't see the lady violinist having time to stand in the rain.
She is. apparently, close friends with X Factor "stars" Matt Cardle and Olly Murs,has turned down a role on E4 reality TV show Made In Chelsea to concentrate on her music and recently appeared at Vladimir Putin's daughter's wedding.
Alan Prudhoe

Postby JimTidmarsh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:14 pm

I know Steve well, play with him in The Evening Echoes and I'm sure he won't mind me adding my ha'pennyworth!

He was very brave doing BGT and achieved his aim, but one thing everybody has forgotten - it's a TV programme, not a talent show! The producers obviously want to play on every human emotion to bring out the 'ahhh' factor (whatever that really is) so the end result is not a reflection of what we want to hear.

Job well done, Steve.
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby MikeAB » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 pm

The Rita Tushingham Hall of Fame now has three new members, Holden/Cowell/Dixon - any other nominations?
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby Detailed Infinity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm going to get murdered here on this. Steve's contribution is appreciated by all of us in the genre it was presented. Now, on the same show we have Lettice Rowbotham which was also an instrumental contribution-----the difference is very marked I'm sure you'll all agree. She could be playing a Gibson through a Marshal stack ala Slash--look beyond the false gushiness.

I never watch BGT either but I was travelling to Cheshire yesterday morning and heard Steve Wright on Radio 2 raving about her and I'm afraid to say there's no comparison Steve--sorry.

Bri.

Detailed Infinity

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Detailed Infinity wrote:I'm going to get murdered here on this. Steve's contribution is appreciated by all of us in the genre it was presented. Now, on the same show we have Lettice Rowbotham which was also an instrumental contribution-----the difference is very marked I'm sure you'll all agree. She could be playing a Gibson through a Marshal stack ala Slash--look beyond the false gushiness.

I never watch BGT either but I was travelling to Cheshire yesterday morning and heard Steve Wright on Radio 2 raving about her and I'm afraid to say there's no comparison Steve--sorry.

Bri.

Note the amount of HITS on this clip, but then again what an audition !
That said I doubt she was a genuine audition, more likely a 'plant'. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby drakula63 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm

True.

Cowell or one of his team probably scour youtube for acts to 'audition' for the show. I read with some interest that BGT has lost 2 million viewers since it started.

Britain's Got Taste... ;)
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Hank2k » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi bri

No need for any apology I thought she was fantastic, a proper show, she is also classically trained and has performed all over the world good on her I hope she does well. As dAve said though she was picked to appear on the show as were others, I only found out about it at my recorded show. I had to queue for hours at my original audition back in November, i performed in front of 3 producers in a little room at the Emirates stadium in London, I was then called in December and told I had been picked for the actual show. The onion eating chap from last weeks actually had a call in January out of the blue inviting him to perform on the main show, he didn't even apply for it so that shows the way it works.

It's certainly opened my eyes to it all it was an experience even after it all I don't regret it, I love this music, some people do some people don't but that's music in general for us all.
Hank2k

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows