Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Postby Monty » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 am

yes but the 'boy bands' and 'girl bands' DON'T play any instruments, just prance about, faces a glow, and do tend to come in batches of 'Five' as did all those I mentioned

younger artists who CAN play their own instruments are of little interest/use to mogols like Simon Cowell etc...

as for The Big Three - yes a far wilder...and at one point far bigger...act in Liverpool than The Beatles were

Johnny Gustafson besides being in a later version of The Pirates (I have that album 'Still Shakin') later played bass for The Mersybeats (for a time) & Roxy Music later on

Decca apparently 'wiped' an entire LP of The Big Three leaving just four songs for an EP release... :cry:
Monty

Full Real Name: Geoffrey Coles

Re: Shadows guitarist booted off BGT

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 pm

The way this thread has gone, it's clearly run it's course and the last few posts have become irrelevant to Steve's performance, that said I think it's time to let it subside so I am locking it. I started it in support of Steve and it has drifted somewhat.
If you wish to continue discussing The Big Three etc,you are welcome to start a new thread. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to The Shadows