Jet Harris Guitar Book

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Jet Harris Guitar Book

Postby anniv 63 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 am

With regard to these tracks being freely available on You Tube now , I would think that all the gentlemen involved
in their production etc , will not be to pleased on the copyright issue, and especially as potential sales will be lost
on download revenues or the vinyl versions also.
What do others think?

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby Moderne » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:52 pm

I agree. Regarding the recordings themselves, great idea to resurrect the idea of The Jet Harris Guitar Book, but - is it sacrilege to suggest that the arrangements could have been a bit more imaginative, rather than 'forcing' the melodies into an existing arrangement from one of Jet/Tony/Jet+Tony's records? It reminds me of The Ventures' Christmas Album, or Colin's own Guitar Heaven album.
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Postby George Geddes » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:21 am

The tracks appear to have been posted on You Tube by one of the participants in the recordings.

Plug alert: The Creep appears on the recent Dinosaurs CD Pterodactyl, along with some other Jet-related tracks.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Previous

Return to The Shadows