The Final Concert in Germany (Cologne)

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

The Final Concert in Germany (Cologne)

Postby chu-chi » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi there, sorry for my poor english!!!!
I want so say something about the last concert in Köln. The Lanxess Arena was a right place to say good bye to "our" guys!
Great sound for such a big hall! Great atmosphere and it was wonderful to met so many friends from the great Cliff and Shadows family. Horst Schröder, our chairman from the german Cliff Richard and The Shadows Club, have had a fantastic idea. He organized a meeting (at the resataurant "Henkelmännchen" in front of the arena) for all club-members before the concert start. 300 friends came along and said Hello and all folks are in a great mood. The same procedure after the concert!
So we have had time to talk about the concert and our impressions. So it was very late -or early on the sunday morning- that we said goodbye and drove at home. Thank you Horst for that great thing! Thanks god, that we have the DVD!
Sorry again your Uli
chu-chi

Re: The Final Concert in Germany (Cologne)

Postby David Martin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks for this report...

Best wishes to all my friends in Germany...

D
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby UlrichS » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 pm

I can only but second Uli's report of the Cologne concert. A great evening which will stay in my memory for a very long time.
Thanks to all who made it such a brilliant last European concert of Cliff & the Shads.

Ulrich
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:04 am

Nice to hear from you again Uli :thumbup: now that The Shads have gone from the scene, you'll just need to video more of Tommy. ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Peter K » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:53 am

Good morning,

I didn't have access to my PC since Saturday that's why I can only describe today how impressed I was when attending the concert at Cologne. I enjoyed every second of it and was constantly asking myself - is this really true ? 45 years after
watching Cliff & The Shadows perform live for the very first time at the Berlin Deutschlandhalle I can still see and hear them
live on stage ?
After the Shadows' final tour in 2005 I wouldn't have expected seeing them live on stage again even though I had hoped that
there would be something going on upon their 50th anniversary. But I always thought that they will do something in the UK only but I never expected a real tour throughout parts of Europe.
The sound at Cologne was excellent, not too loud and not to quiet, the sound engineers did a great job as did the artists on the stage. The only bad thing was the fact that most of the people were too far away from the stage, they wouldn't have seen much of our idols without the video screens. I had to force myself to watch the artists even though they looked very small instead of watching the screens.
The whole evening was pure nostalgia and I can only repeat what I wrote at the beginning of this reply, I really enjoyed it.
Hopefully there will ever be a chance to have that joy again.

Best regards Peter K
Peter K

Return to The Shadows