Alvin Stardust

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Alvin Stardust

Postby neil2726 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Nothing to do with the Shads but I know lots of us love to keep the 60s music alive. I went to see Alvin Stardust and his band last night at Northwich. What a great entertainer and singer he is! Great backing band with a fab lead player. Alvin did the first hour singing songs that had influenced him in his younger years and relating stories of the artists he had appeared with in his time as Shane Fenton. After only a 20 min break he was back dressed in the leathers and went through a host of songs from that era, keeping everyone dancing. Well worth going to see if he's around your way. :D
Neil
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Re: Alvin Stardust

Postby UlrichS » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi Neil,

"Nothing to do with the Shads"? Brian Bennett played drums on quite a number of Alvin Stardust's recordings from 1973 to 1975.

Best wishes,

Ulrich
UlrichS

Full Real Name: Sasu, Ulrich

Postby neil2726 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Thanks Ulrich we live and learn!
neil2726

Postby Jay Bass » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:02 pm

neil2726 wrote:Nothing to do with the Shads but I know lots of us love to keep the 60s music alive. I went to see Alvin Stardust and his band last night at Northwich. What a great entertainer and singer he is! Great backing band with a fab lead player. Alvin did the first hour singing songs that had influenced him in his younger years and relating stories of the artists he had appeared with in his time as Shane Fenton. After only a 20 min break he was back dressed in the leathers and went through a host of songs from that era, keeping everyone dancing. Well worth going to see if he's around your way. :D
Neil

Hi Neil
Ref guitar player
i think on the original recordings of alvin stardusts major hits in the 70's
the guitar parts were played by Big Jim Sullivan who was also with Marty wilde & the wildcats With
Brian bennett & Brian locking.
theres another link to the shads ?
Regards
Jay
Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Postby David Martin » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:28 am

I've spent some time with "Alvin" a couple of years ago... a real character!

He puts on a great show, and his stripped down three piece and show what can be done if ytou have your chops down. Don't miss him...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby neil2726 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:41 am

Another Shads connection I have just read about is that the Godfather of Alvin's youngest daughter is non other than Sir Cliff! He also mentioned that the Fentones had Stratocasters before Hank got his! Was he joking???
neil2726

Return to The Shadows