The Mystery of the Muffled String

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The Mystery of the Muffled String

Postby raiders » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:27 pm

What a superb name for an instrumental !!!!

Who will write it ??

Peter the Swdede
raiders

Postby franz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:18 am

Hi, guys.
I have just come across this thread (late as usual) and in particular what bruce had to say about Tramline and Jet. I asked Licorice to play the bass on this one at Derby and he said that he didn't play on the record so it must have been Jet.And my wound thirds always lose tone and volume before the rest but it doesn't get muffled! Cheers.
franz

Full Real Name: nigel duckworth

Postby des mcneill » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm

franz wrote:Hi, guys.
I have just come across this thread (late as usual) and in particular what bruce had to say about Tramline and Jet. I asked Licorice to play the bass on this one at Derby and he said that he didn't play on the record so it must have been Jet.And my wound thirds always lose tone and volume before the rest but it doesn't get muffled! Cheers.

Tales of a raggy tramline was writen by Jet and Brian,- I'm pretty sure Jet played on the recording.
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby Twangaway » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Errr does it really make any difference to us ?. or how we enjoy the track. Is it important ?
Sounds like a case of CSI investigating the soundness of the archive recordings. Why not let the lads know your findings, so go on spoil their day isn't that the logical outcome. What's the point of all this ?
I enjoy the tracks and don't want to be thinking about this post every time I listen. Please let sleeping dogs lie, that's safest option.
Twangaway

Previous

Return to The Shadows