East Yorkshire Gala Weekend.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: East Yorkshire Gala Weekend.

Postby Mikedowns » Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi Linda,
I'd like two tickets for the weekend. Do we need to buy them in advance or can we get them on the door? We're coming up from the West Midlands so we want to to make sure we can get in!

regards

Mike
Mikedowns

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu May 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Mike, you can pay at the door. The Harpers are in Tenerife, so I've taken the liberty of answering your question.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby old romantic » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Evening all,
Only a week to go now so I thought I'd bring you up to date with what's happening.
Good news, Ian McCutcheon has been in touch and tells me that he will have one of Charlie's prototype echo units with him for the weekend. Anyone who wants to try it is welcome so please ask when you are going to play should you want to use it.
Can I also remind you that if you have any special backing tracks that you want to use please remember to put them on a mini-disc as we only use this system for backing tracks.
We are also arranging a get together on Friday afternoon at one of the local hostelries for those arriving early, I will post the venue shortly.
Cheers Linda
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Postby Mikedowns » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi Linda,

Could you put me down for two tickets for fish and chips on the Saturday night please?

Thanks

Mike :thumbup:
Mikedowns

Postby rogera » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Don't forget that the Scarborough Gala tales place this Saturday and Sunday.

A really great weekend and one not to miss if you can help it.

Details can be seen on page 1 at the start of this thread.
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Postby old romantic » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi all,
Just to confirm that on Friday afternoon some of the early arrivals are meeting at the North Riding pub, 161-163 North Marine Road, Scarborough, YO12 7HU, they are meeting from around 2-30/3pm. The pub is on the North side of Scarborough within walking distance of the hotels most people are using, approx 10 to 15mins walk, best thing to do is ask at your hotel for directions. It is opposite the Alexander Bowls Centre on the hill just above Peasholm Park.
We look forward to seeing you.
Cheers Linda
old romantic

Postby old romantic » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello to all,
Ian and I would like to thank everyone who came to the annual Gala last weekend. We had a wonderful weekend with all our friends who came from all over the UK to help celebrate the music of the Shadows.
The bands; Legend, Fentone Four, Ian McCutcheon Band, Down South and Shadowsmusic were superb and so well received by the many ,many people in the room. The individual players were all brilliant and performed with backing tracks or a live band to entertain the audience.
Thanks to all behind the scenes who don't play but help with the sound desk, setting up the equipment, tickets and raffles etc You are all brilliant.
It was good to see everyone enjoying themselves either by listening to the music or dancing along to it!
See you all soon or even sooner at the Tyneside Gala next weekend.
Cheers Linda x
old romantic

Postby Bob Withrington » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:02 am

Hi Linda,

What a lovely weekend we enjoyed in Scarborough. Many thanks to you & Ian and the whole of your dedicated Team.

Bob & Charlotte
Bob Withrington

Postby David Martin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 am

Great to see that the spirit of friendship and warmth associated with our music - long absent from ShadowMania - is alive and well!

Congratulations to all...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby bassboogie » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Again many thanks to Linda, Ian and all the gorgeous girls and boys for all the hard work in organising another bumper Gala.
Great to meet up with old and new friends and hear the music we all love.
Even with the long journey, it is a firm must for us West Country bumpkins and look forward to next year.
A huge thanks to Ron who played drums for us.
Organisation, music, friends, fish and chips, all much appreciated.

Regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows