Rock Island Line performing on the 2nd March

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Rock Island Line performing on the 2nd March

Postby Bob Withrington » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi Folks,

You will be delighted to know that Surrey Shadows Club's star studded Rock 'n Roll Band - Rock Island Line lead by Barry Gibson, will be performing at the Molesey Conservative Club, 94 Walton Road, East Molesey, Surrey KT8 0DL on Wednesday 2nd March 2016. Kicking off at 8:30pm. Come along - Entry is FREE!

Cheers,

Bob Withrington
on behalf of SSC Management Team
Bob Withrington

Re: Rock Island Line performing on the 2nd March

Postby Bob Withrington » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi Folks,

Rock Island Line are really looking forward to delivering some excellent rocking music for everyone tomorrow night.

BE THERE!!

Bob
Bob Withrington

Postby johnto » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi Bob, I can't make it tonight but was wondering if the band have anything to do with the Rock Island Line that I saw playing at various Rock N Roll events in the 70's and appeared in the "That'll Be The Day" movie? The guitarist was playing a lovely original 60's Burns Black Bison back then ;) That's why I'm curious.
Thanks
johnto

Postby Bob Withrington » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi John,

Sorry you can't be there tonight to see the three original members of Rock Island Line - Barry Gibson on lead guitar (same Black Bison), Martin Wolltorton on bass guitar and Dave Hamilton on rhythm guitar performing with new members Pat Winn on vocals & rhythm guitar, Mark Winter on drums and the irrepressible Cliff Hall on keyboards.

Not to worry John, they will be playing again on the 18th March at the Surrey Shadows Club.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob Withrington

Postby johnto » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi Bob

Thanks for letting me know. That's great news! I look forward to seeing you all on 18th March at Hersham :D
All the best
John
johnto

Postby Geffers » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am

Very enjoyable evening last night, great to hear good live music as well as catching up with goods friends and acquaintances.
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Return to The Shadows