Any Luthiers In The Lincoln Area?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Any Luthiers In The Lincoln Area?

Postby Geoff_W » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi All
I've been upgrading my Fender Classic Series 50s Strat but i've come to a full stop as I don't feel confident enough to replace the plastic nut with a Graph Tech one. Can anyone recommend a Luthier in the Lincoln area who I can ask to do the work?
Many thanks
Geoff
Geoff_W

Full Real Name: Geoff Worrall

Re: Any Luthiers In The Lincoln Area?

Postby Bluesnote » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:16 pm

I was in a site that showed me how to replace the plastic nut on my Yamaha flamenco model with a bone nut.
It was only around 50p for a bit of bone out of a Glasgow music shop so I had a go myself. It was fairly easy to do and I was more than happy with the result. It made a real difference to the tone, I also did the bridge too, which was a bit more complicated, but as it did'nt cost much for bone, it did'nt really matter if it did'nt work and I could always have re-installed the original again.
Is there much difference using the graph as opposed to bone? I've never heard of it being changed on an electric before.
Anyone???
Bluesnote

Postby roninnes » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:57 pm

Have a word with Glenn at East Coast Music in Kings Lynn. He seems to know who's who.

Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby Paul Creasey » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 am

Karl Svarc - local musician, teacher, and talented Guitar Tech is the man you need in Lincoln.
He used to have a workshop at Foxes Music Shop in the High Street (near St Marks), but since Foxes were taken-over I'm not sure what his situation is.
His private address is 31 Pennell Street - 'phone 8900307 - where he still offers private Guitar tuition.
Hope this helps!
Regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Postby David Martin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:53 am

Martin Harrison of Hania Guitars http://www.haniaguitars.com/ is in Brant Broughton. he taught me guitar making and has worked for many years as the luthier to one of UK's foremost vintage guitar dealers. His charges are very reasonable, and his work is just amazing...

He's your man... up the A1 to the Marston turn... along that B road, cross over the A17 and you're almost there... about 20 mins from you Geoff...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Geoff_W » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks to all for your replies, it's been a great help
Geoff
Geoff_W

Full Real Name: Geoff Worrall

Return to The Shadows