The Shadows' demo recordings

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The Shadows' demo recordings

Postby Andy Stace » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:21 am

I'm sure I read that during 1989 Brian gave Hank and Bruce notice that he was leaving at the end of the 1990 tour. So by leaving he would have given up his share of ownership.
Andy Stace

Full Real Name: Andrew Stace

Postby Fenderman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:51 pm

I didn't know that. I thought the Shadows intended to take a break after the 1990 tour as Hank said he was taking a year off and reconvene in 1992.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:15 pm

Brian was incredibly busy with Library Music and TV work at the time. Incredibly busy. That was the reason behind his decision...even taking a year / 18 months out at that time would have been nowhere near long enough. He told me all of this himself, when I interviewed him at some considerable length in 1991.
Arpeggio

Full Real Name: Rob Bradford

Postby iefje » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Arpeggio wrote:Brian was incredibly busy with Library Music and TV work at the time. Incredibly busy. That was the reason behind his decision...even taking a year / 18 months out at that time would have been nowhere near long enough. He told me all of this himself, when I interviewed him at some considerable length in 1991.

So was it at that time (around 1990/1991) that Brian sold out his part of The Shadows' ownership?
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby drakula63 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm

There was some suggestion that the Shadows MIGHT carry on with a new drummer - possibly Clem Cattini - but then Hank changed his mind.

Personally, I think things worked out fine as, after 14 years away, they were able to regroup and come back even better than they'd been in 1989/1990. I'll admit that I had no idea that Brian had relinquished his part of the Shadows ownership.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Previous

Return to The Shadows