New CD..The Cover Notes

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: New CD..The Cover Notes

Postby keithmantle » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:15 am

Great mix of tunes played with style and thought, well worth the money, well done everyone.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby scouserjoe2 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am

This is an excellent and extremely enjoyable CD and I would heartily recommend its purchase.

It was good to hear the instrumental adaptation of so many of my favourite songs of the '60s which have previously been neglected. Listening beyond simply the melody line, I was also impressed by the choice and the variety of the arrangements. I have to admit that I find this whole CD much more enjoyable than the latest offering from Mr Marvin, indeed it only needs a single play to dispel the often repeated theory that only a limited number of songs can be made into good instrumentals - and there are still many more out there. I have just one question to ask of its production team ... when will you be launching the BT version ? :-)

Great work, lads.

Ian
scouserjoe2

Full Real Name: Ian Evans

Postby martcaster » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 pm

May I just offer a quick "Thank You" to those who've bought our album; and also for your very kind words re same, both here and privately. I've been with Terry today, and he's going to apply himself in the near future to the BTs (not as easy as you would think!) In the meantime, my Paypal link is

http://paypal.me/martinverrill?ppid=PPC ... n_GB(en_GB)

if you'd like a copy. Just credit the a/c with £11.49 and leave your address and you'll have a copy within a couple of days. If you're still not convinced, the SoundCloud link is here...

https://soundcloud.com/user-774705155/s ... s-snippets

On behalf of Terry and myself (and Chris, of course) Many thanks
All love,
Mart
martcaster

Full Real Name: Martin Verrill

Previous

Return to The Shadows