New CD..The Cover Notes

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

New CD..The Cover Notes

Postby martcaster » Sat May 20, 2017 8:38 am

Terry and I are pleased (and proud) to announce the release of a 'one-off' CD project entitled 'The Time In Between'. This was a project which, along with Chris Jarvis, we initiated following David's departure from the band and prior to Tony's joining us. As it's not a 'fully-fledged' LegEnd album we hit on the name 'Cover Notes' for this one-off project. One of the tracks we'd worked on was Cliff's 'Time In Between' so this title suggested itself as a suitable name for the album. Having shelved the project when we got back to playing 'live' with Tony, someone, after hearing the un-finished recordings, suggested we finish them properly. So, Terry set about mixing and mastering the individual tracks and knocking them into a very listenable shape. The result is 20 Sixties style instrumentals based on songs which will be very familiar to most folks here. Titles like, 'Sukiyaki', 'I'll Never Get Over You', 'Lessons In Love' 'La Mer' etc get a lush multi-tracked instro treatment, and there's even a nod to an iconic Seventies lead break to savour.We're pleased to report that Chris did get to hear the final mix and was delighted with the way it turned out; his familiar John Rostill style is very much to the fore on many of the tracks. So, naturally, Terry and I will be making a significant contribution from the proceeds to Chris's two nominated charities (Bloodwise and The Anthony Nolan Trust).
So, if you'd like to have a copy for yourself, how about PM-ing me with your details and I'll post one out to you, post-haste.The price is £9.99 plus £1.50 Postage. A cheque for £11.49 will see your copy winging its way to you before you know it.
Love to all, as always
Mart
martcaster

Full Real Name: Martin Verrill

Re: New CD..The Cover Notes

Postby Iain Purdon » Sat May 20, 2017 1:44 pm

It's a good CD too. I listened to it three times through on the long drive home after the Tyneside weekend and found much to enjoy. Chris really had John Rostill's bass "clack" sound spot on and it was great to hear it being used to such effect.
Great drumming from Martin and remarkable multi-track guitar work from Terry.
Well worth adding to the library!
Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat May 20, 2017 3:20 pm

In short, it's excellent. A worthwhile addition to anyones collection.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Keith?
AlanMcKillop

Postby Keith Bateman » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Do you mean me Alan? Yes, I've bought a copy and am mightily impressed. A lot of work has gone in to this project, not least from Terry with all his guitar work. Overall it makes a very pleasant listen as the accent has been on melody which gets my vote every time. Great tunes from great players and I thoroughly recommend it.
Keith
Keith Bateman

Full Real Name: Keith Bateman

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Sorry Keith, it was Keith Mantle who asked about the cd on another thread and I just brought this to the top.
AlanMcKillop

Postby Stranger » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 pm

I got a copy of this CD from Martin at the Scarborough Gala. Brilliant work by Terry putting it all together.
Get one before they are all gone, you will not be disappointed. Plus the proceeds are going to a good cause.
Stranger

Full Real Name: Gordon Wells

Postby Razzmataz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Got my copy by return of post, many thanks Martin. I have not stopped playing it. A backing track version would be a bonus, any chance?
Paul
Razzmataz

Full Real Name: Paul Beard

Postby JimTidmarsh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Mine arrived in the post this morning after paying Martin by Paypal on Wednesday.

Played it through a couple of times already & I'm well impressed. I prefer it to Hank's latest offering !!!

As Paul says, a BT version would be a great idea. I'd buy it for one.
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby ubhank48 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:01 pm

I ordered mine at the weekend and it arrived today. Paid by Paypal very easy and quick. CD is excellent good mix of tunes and beautifully played. Altogether highly recommended.
Alexander
ubhank48

Next

Return to The Shadows