Home Made Guitar Photos

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Home Made Guitar Photos

Postby Bojan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Some time ago there was a thread about photography and I saw that many people here were also into photography, as am I. So, I though it would really be nice to combine our love for photography and our love for guitars and see if some of us could make some nice artistic photos of our favorite instruments and share them here. Perhaps some people might want to use them as desktop wallpapers.

Here are two pictures I took a few days ago. I hope you like them. The theme is "Christmas Guitars" . . . The pictures have been downsized for easier uploading and viewing but I have the full sized jpg images.

Bojan
Attachments
XmasBurns_resize.jpg
(429.76 KiB) Downloaded 5545 times
Xmas Tree Rick_resize.jpg
(276.09 KiB) Downloaded 5545 times
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Re: Home Made Guitar Photos

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Great photos. I wish I'd found those two beauties under my Christmas tree!
Mikey

Postby Bojan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 am

Thanks Mikey! It's nice of you to comment.
Bojan

Postby Martyn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I agree - those are great shots.
Aside from music, photography's my other main hobby and I have a Pentax K10D and a couple of appropriate lenses - been a Pentax user for years now. What gear are you using?
Cheers,
Martyn

PS - which model Rick is that?
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Postby Pierre TEODORI » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Bojan,

Great shots my friend!
Have a very pleasant weekend.
Warmest regards

Pierre
Pierre TEODORI

Postby Bojan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Thank you Martyn, Pierre . . . very nice of you to comment.

Martyn, the guitar is a Rickenbacker 340/6JG . . . the 6 stands for 6-string, and the JG stands for Jet Glo. The strings are Thomastik-Infeld pure nickel flatwounds.

As for my photo equipment, right now I'm down to a Canon PowerShot S1 IS but I'm looking to buy a good SLR digital camera that won't jeopardize my guitar acquisition ambitions, because I have a new grandson, a fourth one, and I will need to by a new guitar that he will inherit one day (he he!). Three of my grandsons already have one guitar each that I will leave to them: the Rick, my fiesta red Brason "Strat," and the Burns Apache. That is how I get my wife to agree to buy new guitars; and she even thinks it's a great idea!!! :D :D It's called diplomacy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, this particular photo could be made even more "festive" in Photo Shop, perhaps something like this:
Attachments
Xmas Tree Rick2.jpg
(245.62 KiB) Downloaded 5328 times
Bojan

Postby Martyn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I really rate the Powershot range and have been debating one of the later models as a back-up or simple walkabout camera to replace my ancient Canon G1 that's finally died. The Pentax SLR does a great job but sometimes carting around a bulky camera bag with camera, lenses, flashgun etc gets to be a nuisance.

I must admit I like your family diplomacy routine. Must try that one on my better half . . . :D
Cheers,
Martyn
Martyn

Full Real Name: Martyn Welch

Postby geronimo7476 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Bojan, I love your photos and your idea. I to am a keen photographer and use Photoshop a lot, I enjoy making my own personalised cards but mostly with family shots, or depending what the receiver is into. I have loads of pics of my guitars and amps and stuff, my wife thinks I'm nuts (She's right)
Here I've attached two of my photos I use for my desk top! I have all the Shadows album covers rotating as my screen saver, Crazy, I know but what can I do??

Thanks for a great thread, at least I know I'm not alone!!

Cheers CC
DT1.jpg
Desk Top1
(275.29 KiB) Downloaded 5245 times
DT2.jpg
Desk Top2
(223.83 KiB) Downloaded 5245 times
geronimo7476

Postby Bojan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 pm

geronimo7476 wrote:Hi Bojan, I love your photos and your idea. I to am a keen photographer and use Photoshop a lot, I enjoy making my own personalised cards but mostly with family shots, or depending what the receiver is into. I have loads of pics of my guitars and amps and stuff, my wife thinks I'm nuts (She's right)
Here I've attached two of my photos I use for my desk top! I have all the Shadows album covers rotating as my screen saver, Crazy, I know but what can I do??

Thanks for a great thread, at least I know I'm not alone!!

Cheers CC
DT1.jpg
DT2.jpg

No, I'm quite sure you're not alone CC, only I was hoping more people would post their photos, especially ones of their guitars. Your photos are really nice and your collection is very impressive!! :o

I am particularly fond of close-up shots of guitars, especially under special lighting conditions, showing their lovely details, which was why I couldn't resist making some close-ups illuminated only by the little multicolored lights of our Christmas tree. I also love the combination of instruments and a natural setting, like grass, flowers, leaves, and so on. I hope some more people will decide to share their photos with us and share some of their photographic skill and experiences.

Thanks again CC, and thank you Martyn for your comments. I hope your family diplomacy efforts work out! :)
Bojan

Return to The Shadows