Bruce and Brian in Stockton

Postby howarddobson » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:40 pm

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... e-13192258

Video of unveiling a plaque for Summer Holiday
howarddobson

Full Real Name: Howard Dobson

Re: Bruce and Brian in Stockton

Postby drakula63 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Thanks. Interesting. I had no idea that songs could get a blue plaque!

There must be some more footage somewhere as suggested by the shot where the woman report comes in with a big rifle mic. And surely the al fresco performance must have been filmed too...?
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby howarddobson » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hankand ... 174317683/

I think it's here - live footage of the performance taken on an iPhone
howarddobson

Full Real Name: Howard Dobson

Postby djnevster » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 am

Chris
There was a similar interview on the BBC local evening News including footage of them outdoors performing with schoolchildren on ukeleles. ( I did record this from the TV but have no idea how to share it!). There was also some archive footage from the movie and a few seconds from Cliff Richard speaking, as well as some clips of the The Shadows with Tony on drums! The event was part of a national day celebrating venues and their association with various stars. The North East news also mentioned a similar plaque at the Newcastle Mayfair in honour of Led Zepplin's first gig.

The Globe has a fantastic timeline set into the pavement outside with an impressive list of the acts who appeared and the dates.
The Beatles apparently appeared there on the 22nd November 1963 which I believe was a bad day for JFK!

I work in Stockton most days and can usually be found loitering around the High Street a couple of times a week looking for a sandwich. You can imagine my disappointment when I was unable to pop along yesterday due to meetings elsewhere!

Neville
djnevster

Full Real Name: Neville Worthington

Postby drakula63 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 am

howarddobson wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/hankandtheshadows/permalink/10154832174317683/

I think it's here - live footage of the performance taken on an iPhone

Thanks! Great stuff.

But I do wish people would hold their phones SIDEWAYS when filming things! :evil:
drakula63

Postby drakula63 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 am

djnevster wrote:Chris
There was a similar interview on the BBC local evening News including footage of them outdoors performing with schoolchildren on ukeleles. ( I did record this from the TV but have no idea how to share it!). There was also some archive footage from the movie and a few seconds from Cliff Richard speaking, as well as some clips of the The Shadows with Tony on drums! The event was part of a national day celebrating venues and their association with various stars. The North East news also mentioned a similar plaque at the Newcastle Mayfair in honour of Led Zepplin's first gig.

The Globe has a fantastic timeline set into the pavement outside with an impressive list of the acts who appeared and the dates.
The Beatles apparently appeared there on the 22nd November 1963 which I believe was a bad day for JFK!

I work in Stockton most days and can usually be found loitering around the High Street a couple of times a week looking for a sandwich. You can imagine my disappointment when I was unable to pop along yesterday due to meetings elsewhere!

Neville

Thanks. I'm sure it will turn up somewhere soon. Most BBC programmes can be accessed via iPlayer, although you may need to be living in the actual area in question to get 'local' programmes.

November 22nd... Hmmm.... the day before Doctor Who made his debut and three days before I made mine... (Wish I could regenerate too!)
drakula63

Postby MartcasterJunior » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:04 am

UK users will be able to see it on BBC iPlayer here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... s-15062017

It starts at roughly 16m57s.

Cheers

Matt
MartcasterJunior

Full Real Name: Matthew Verrill

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:37 am

Not for me it doesn't, it just says 'not available ... and I LIVE in the North!
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby Iain Purdon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:11 pm

No, a BBC regional news programmes lives on the iPlayer only until the next edition replaces it. If it's a daily programme, it's there for a day.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby MartcasterJunior » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Ah, sorry folks.

I'll see if I can locate it from alternative sources.
MartcasterJunior

Full Real Name: Matthew Verrill

Next

Return to The Shadows