Mozart Forte

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Mozart Forte

Postby emielvisser48 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:06 am

Hi Ian,
Thank you for your kind response.
My feeling is that the act becomes more important then the music, but indeed I do understand that it is easier and safer to playback.
emielvisser48

Full Real Name: Emiel Visser

Postby tim.cooper5 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 am

Nice clear entertaining clip.

Wonder if George Ford thought there was a camera behind stage somewhere, as he seems to be facing that way, with no camera shots on his gutair playing!
tim.cooper5

Postby iefje » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 pm

I think a lot of what you see on these mimed television performances, is what they were asked to do by the producer(s) of the shows. Playing genuinely live on television is what The Shadows, and I think most groups, would like to have done much more in the 1970's and 1980's. There are only a few genuine live television performances by them during the 1970's and 1980's:
- "Voor de vuist weg" show on Dutch television on May 11th, 1979, with Dutch television show host Willem Duys, during which they mimed to "Theme From The Deer Hunter (Cavatina)", but played live the "Willem Duys TV Theme".
- "The Royal Variety Performance" on November 23rd, 1981, during which they played "Apache" and with Cliff "Willie And The Hand Jive" and "We Don't Talk Anymore".
- "Firato Show" on Dutch television in (I think) July, August or September, 1982, during which they played "Apache" and "The Theme From 'Missing'".
- "Des O'Connor Tonight" show in September, 1982, during which they played "Riders Of The Range" and (with Des O'Connor) "The Young Ones".
- "Little & Large" show in 1983, during which they played "Shadoogie" and (with Eddie Large) "Willie And The Hand Jive".

There are also a couple of pre-recorded 'live' versions of studio tracks, which were performed on TV in the same period:
- "Cilla Black Show", broadcasted on March 2nd, 1974, during which they played "Summer Holiday", "Jungle Jam" and (with Cilla Black) "Dance On".
- "Live From The Palladium" in late 1987, during which they played "Pulaski" and a medley "Apache/F.B.I.".
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Previous

Return to The Shadows