Hank Marvin guitar players in Toronto or GTA (Canada)

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank Marvin guitar players in Toronto or GTA (Canada)

Postby Kawarthabass » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Are there still any Hank Marvin guitar players still left in southern Ontario? If so, I am looking to do some jamming.

I am an experienced and still active electric (P bass) and upright bass player living in Peterborough,Ontario. I was a big Shadows fan living in Ottawa in the early 60's when they got radio play there but lost track of them until about 15 years ago.I decided a couple of years ago it was time to learn the bass parts (with inspiration from Tony Clout's tabs and the playing of Alan Jones and Jet Harris!) to some of their instrumentals for my own enjoyment.

I was at a "Bruce Welch and his Shadows" show in Toronto that was organized by the Toronto Shadows Club (no longer active) back in 2003 or so. I lived in Northern Ontario at the time so I was not available for any get-togethers.I am now long retired from my non-musical career and living closer to Toronto so....better late than never. I just hope I am not TOO late!

I'd be happy to exchange posts/emails with any Hank players who like me, would like to play along with a real person once in a while as a change from recordings or a backing track :D.

Regards
Martin.
Kawarthabass

Full Real Name: Martin Chapman

Return to The Shadows