Cliff and the shads to play together in 2018 WOW

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Cliff and the shads to play together in 2018 WOW

Postby wonderfuland » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi, just found out that cliff will be performing a special show/tour next year to celebrate 60 years and the release of move it, he also says the shadows will be involved.
Let's hope this does happen, it could very well be the last tour.
wonderfuland

Full Real Name: ray hare

Re: Cliff and the shads to play together in 2018 WOW

Postby Fenderman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Where have you heard this? I don't think there's been any announement yet. It could be just a rumour.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby jimuc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Fenderman wrote:Where have you heard this? I don't think there's been any announement yet. It could be just a rumour.

Check the People section on this site !!!
Never nail a door shut that you may want to go back through
jimuc

Full Real Name: Jim Dunlop

Postby MartcasterJunior » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Those comments sound very inconclusive. Personally I'd expect something like the (was it 1991?) Cliff...The Event: a one-off (or maybe a two-nighter). No tour.

EDIT: A snip from the article mentioned in the People section, from today's Daily Mirror:
He is expected to announce plans for ­celebrations next year to mark 60 years in showbusiness since his 1958 debut hit, Move It.

The anniversary celebrations are highly likely to involve his band The Shadows.

At the end of last year he said: “The fans ask if me and The Shadows are going to get back together and we have decided ‘Yes we will.’” He joked: “We are going to celebrate our 100 years together.”

That sounds to me like a Mirror journalist taking a jokey quote out of context and putting some conjecture on it. So I'm not putting my ticket money in a jar just yet.
MartcasterJunior

Full Real Name: Mathew Verril

Postby dave robinson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 pm

I heard from a little bird, that HBM has knocked it back. DON'T ASK. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby howarddobson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 am

I think it was in The Times last week where they said the 60th anniversary celebrations would be announced on his birthday in October. Not long to wait. 14 Oct.
howarddobson

Full Real Name: Howard Dobson

Postby Moderne » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:34 am

Since the 50th Anniversary Hank, Bruce and Brian have all had serious health issues - and Cliff has had two years where he never got more than two hours sleep at a time because half the world thought he was a child molester (thanks to South Yorkshire Police and the BBC)! I would have thought that the stress of organising and staging concerts - even if they were in one place - for which ticket demand would exceed even that for their 50th would be something a group of men in their late 70s could do without. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I would have thought that health insurance alone would preclude it. I'll await an official announcement - or not.
Last edited by Moderne on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Postby Fenderman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 am

jimuc wrote:
Fenderman wrote:Where have you heard this? I don't think there's been any announement yet. It could be just a rumour.

Check the People section on this site !!!

No need to shout at me.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby drakula63 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Moderne wrote:Since the 50th Anniversary Hank, Bruce and Brian have all had serious health issues - and Cliff has had two years where he never got more than two hours sleep at a time because half the world thought he was a child molester (thanks to South Yorkshire Police and the BBC)! I would have thought that the stress of organising and staging concerts - even if they were in one place - for which ticket demand would exceed even that for their 50th would be something a group of men in their late 70s could do without. I hope I'm proved wrong, but I would have thought that health insurance alone would preclude it. I'll await an official announcement - or not.

To be fair, I think Cliff has tried to put all that behind him and wants to get out there on stage - this is probably a great form of therapy if nothing else.

I would hope that a week or so (or just a couple of nights) at one venue would not be beyond Hank, Bruce and Brian. Still, as you say, they will all be in their mid/late 70s next year and it might not be something that they would want to do.

We shall have to wait and see...
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Rick50 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:37 am

If any member wan't able to make it, there are a few highly capable substitutes around.... :geek:
Rick50

Next

Return to The Shadows