Hank Marvin video from New Zealand

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank Marvin video from New Zealand

Postby speakerguru » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:36 am

Hopefully I am not out of line here, however some of you may be interested in What Hank is doing now. Since I met him in 2013 I have been very privileged to enjoy many of his concerts here in the Southern Hemisphere. Although he is still very busy with the Red Guitar and still recording he is also heavily involved in the Gypsy Jazz Genre. During 2015 his company together with myself arranged a series of concerts throughout Australia and New Zealand. I have taken many photos and some small video clips that are available to view.
If any of you are interested there is a sensational rendition of Guitar Tango on my You Tube Channel Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0-KJ ... Ky0RPJNELQ
If you like it please subscribe and You Tube will notify you if and when I add more, which I intend to do.
For some of the photos I have taken you may check them out here: http://www.stevehilliar.com
I also administer Hank's Gypsy Jazz page here: http://www.hankmarvingypsyjazz.com

Best wishes to you all and I am happy to receive any suggestions, comments etc.
Steve Hilliar
New Zealand :D
speakerguru

Re: Hank Marvin video from New Zealand

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:55 am

Very interesting and not at all out of line, Steve. I've moved it onto our Shadows forum because Hank, to us, belongs there! And Guitar Tango is a Shads classic, done differently this time. Thanks for posting.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby speakerguru » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:44 am

Thanks so much Ian, I posted another yesterday and also some great photos of him on my own website at www.stevehilliar.com
speakerguru

Postby Moderne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:44 am

Hi Steve - really enjoyed watching the clips and looking at the pics...but can you tell me what Hank is doing now...most of his Gypsy Jazz activity seems to be from a couple of years ago. His Without a Word LP came out in June...has he done anything with the Gypsy Jazz group since? I still wish he'd bring the group to the UK; he had some tour dates lined up a few years ago but it was sadly abandoned. I wouldn't blame him for enjoying a well-earned retirement but a part of us wants these guys to go on forever!
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Return to The Shadows