Any Shadows players West of Bodmin

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Any Shadows players West of Bodmin

Postby Fourspringsonmysquier » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Is anyone playing Shadows guitar West of Bodmin, Cornwall? Seems that the nearest Club is in Exeter......I'm now living in Helston. I'm a former member of the Fenland Shadows Club.
Fourspringsonmysquier

Re: Any Shadows players West of Bodmin

Postby Iain Purdon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:35 pm

There are two clubs in Exeter and some people from Cornwall attend. Let's hope you find some other Cornish players and maybe you can get something started!
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Sothall Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi Ian, Last year we had a visitor to our Club in Doncaster, they were up visiting family. I myself put a message on to see if there was any interest for the chap. His name is Dave Thornhill and he lives near the Lizard Peninsular. I don't think he will mind you contacting him - as he did give me his number for any interested parties to contact him. I'm not sure what response he had but your welcome to follow it up. Please give him our regards and let me know how you get on.

Best wishes

Mike Kilner
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Postby Sothall Mike » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi Ian - oops senior moment it shoul have been directed to Clive Haycock, apologies, hopefully Clive will read the thread and run with it.

Mike Kilner.
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Postby Fourspringsonmysquier » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi Mike, I saw your old post a few months ago and contacted Dave out the Lizard way - result is, about three weeks ago I was welcomed to Dave's place and we spent a few hours playing Shadows material & chatting guitar. We'll be meeting up again fairly soon. Thanks for posting regards Clive.
Fourspringsonmysquier

Return to The Shadows