Got any old photo's?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Got any old photo's?

Postby John » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:27 pm

In a thread i started in the guitars and amps section 50's / 60's amps Martyn Welch posted a reply with a photo of him and his band , showing their equipment and how things were in those days .
So any one else got any more? not necessarily 50's or 60's how about your band now as well,

Come on get posting!
John

Re: Got any old photo's?

Postby Old Wild Men » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 am

The 60's bands of many members of this site are featured here...

http://oldwildmen.smugmug.com
Old Wild Men

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 pm

John - I think you might have seen this one before !!! (I'm in the middle)
Attachments
1960's No 2 Comp.jpg
(22.7 KiB) Downloaded 4103 times
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Ok, you asked for it....this is me circa. 1974. The guitar is a Japanese made Epiphone FT150 and I wish I still had it.
11-28-2009_033.JPG
(601.45 KiB) Downloaded 4041 times

I've also lost the tache, too :lol: Sorry about the picture quality but you did say old photos!
Mikey

Postby stratmantd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:36 am

This is a pic of Prism in the mid-seventies. We were playing at a school disco being held at the Walpole Hall in Edinburgh. We even had an oil-wheel projecting psychodelic light all over the place. It worked great until the heat from the projector burnt out the wheel. The gig was held on Wednesday, 7th April 1976 and ran from 0730 to 1030 that evening. Not only were there refreshments for sale but also a raffle. Heady days! Well, we were only 17 at the time.

I am on the right with my Watkins Rapier 22 and new CMI amp. Also visible is my CryBaby and right in the corner an MXR fuzz. When we were playing a fair number of young lads hung about the stage and I can still remember the looks on some of their faces when I used the waa-waa. Classic!

Malc (Shad1) is on the left with his Burns London Split Sonic and his AC30 (which worked in those days).

I can't remember the make of Colin's Precision Bass copy but his amp and speakers was the flashest piece of equipment we had. He is also the only person I know who has ever had a circuit breaker guitar lead.

Rick's drums were bought from a dodgy little second-hand shop in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh. It was painted matt black and we thought it looked like the dog's bollocks. A few years ago he scraped the black paint off it and it turned out to have quite a nice black and gold finish.

Great times!

Last edited by stratmantd on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
stratmantd

Postby stratmantd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:36 am

Hmmm! Can anyone tell me how to attach the pic properly so that it shows in the posting?
stratmantd

Return to The Shadows