Shadows DVDs

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Shadows DVDs

Postby shadowriter » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 am

about three years ago, as I was browsing the internet, I'm sure I saw a dvd advertised for the Shads, made up of
tv clips from around the world. As you sometimes do, I browsed on and when I went back I couldn't find it again.
I have been looking ever since without luck and starting to think my ancient eyes and brain deceived me. Has anyone
heard or got this dvd?
I love the Shads dvds. this is my list, if anyone knows of any others with the Shads on, I would be really grateful if you would let me know.

The Shadows at their very best.
The Shadows live in Liverpool
Hank plays live
Cliff and the shadows together 1984
Thank u very much
Cliff and the Shads final tour
(and the ultimate and in my opinion, the best DVD ever made:)
The Shads final tour blu ray.

Just a final comment, Why did Cliff not include The Shads or Jet on his
The Event Video, I went especially to see them, they were brilliant
and so disappointing to find they weren't on the video. (Bit mean of Cliff!)
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Re: Shadows DVDs

Postby iefje » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:06 am

The two concerts of Cliff Richard & The Shadows "Thank You Very Much" and "Together 1984" still have to appear on official DVD. They have appeared on illicit DVD's though.
Regarding the "From A Distance - The Event" concert, Jet Harris and Tony Meehan do feature with Cliff on "Move It". Footage of Cliff Richard & The Shadows or The Shadows' own set from this event has been excluded because of differences over costs and/or rights or something like that. Audio recordings from their set of "The Young Ones" and "In The Country" have been included on the album editions.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 am

My recollection is that The Shadows Live in Liverpool is a rebadged At Their Very Best dvd, in other words, they are the same.
Another legit dvd, is The Shadows Live dvd ep which from memory, is The Shadows set from the 1984 Together concert and has 6/7 songs and was released in 2000.
I think those additions/amendments to your list, completes the official release of material on dvd, although there are other unofficial or bootleg copies in circulation.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby scouserjoe2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is duplicating anything already mentioned, but there is another DVD not listed which is supplied as part of a 2 CD and 1 DVD boxed set released by EMI in 2005 and titled 'The Shadows Platinum Collection'.

The DVD contains a set from a performance by The Shadows at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham (Date not mentioned but looks mid '90's) and the tracks are :- Shadoogie, Time is Tight, Theme from the Deer Hunter, Equinox V, Wonderful Land, Apache and F.B.I.

Best regards,

Ian
scouserjoe2

Full Real Name: Ian Evans

Postby Twilight Ranger » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm

scouserjoe2 wrote:The DVD contains a set from a performance by The Shadows at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham (Date not mentioned but looks mid '90's) and the tracks are :- Shadoogie, Time is Tight, Theme from the Deer Hunter, Equinox V, Wonderful Land, Apache and F.B.I.

This is the same as The Shadows Live EP from 1986. The Shadows didn't perform in the mid-90s.
"I have travelled the world through my ability to play three chords." - Bruce Welch
Twilight Ranger

Full Real Name: Lassi Vakkilainen

Postby 362436 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 am

Another couple which feature The Shads in various formats are;

Marty Wilde - Born To Rock'N'Roll - The 50th Anniversary Concert.

Numbers are;Scarlett O'Hara,Theme For Something Really Important,Diamonds (Jet with The Wildcats).
Summer Holiday (Brian & Bruce),Move It (Brian,Bruce & Hank).
Bad Boy (Brian & Licorice)

Albert Lee - 70th Birthday Celebration

Apache, Wonderful Land (Brian,Bruce,Mark & Warren)

There is also an Australian Bandstand Special which is mainly The Shads and some Cilla Black material.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Full Real Name: Ian Harris

Postby iefje » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 am

362436 wrote:Marty Wilde - Born To Rock'N'Roll - The 50th Anniversary Concert.

Numbers are;Scarlett O'Hara,Theme For Something Really Important,Diamonds (Jet with The Wildcats).
Summer Holiday (Brian & Bruce),Move It (Brian,Bruce & Hank).
Bad Boy (Brian & Licorice)

All five Shadows (Hank, Bruce, Brian, Jet and Brian Locking) also feature on the finale "Roll Over Beethoven". Hank wasn't originally going to perform on the show. He was a guest in the audience. I think his appearance on stage was arranged very shortly before the show, a great surprise! Also nice to see Hank and Jet being interviewed together.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby shadowriter » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Wow thanks everybody for all your info. Much appreciated. It does seem though I dreamed about the compilation dvd.
The other suggestions I already have as the short setters all seem duplicated and I have the Marty Wilde one.
Going to check out the bandstand one. Good to find out why The Shads weren't on the event dvd.
Thanks everyone for kindly giving the time and info really appreciated.
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Postby George Geddes » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Not quite The Shadows - though billed as such - but Bruce, Brian, Mark and Warren appear on Albert Lee's 70th birthday DVD, playing Apache and Wonderful Land with Albert on lead.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby cockroach » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 am

What about the Cliff DVD with all the live stuff from his then (early '60's)TV show? Lots of great live playing by the first Shads lineup..

The Australian Bandstand 'Shadows Special' TV show DVD is OK, but it's all mimed..
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Next

Return to The Shadows