Spot the Ball - extra time!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Spot the Ball - extra time!

Postby drakula63 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:44 am

Life is full of surprises!

Just heard something I had NEVER heard before!

I've just played 'Life in the Jungle' from the 2017 Demon Music 11 CD boxset - working my way through them gradually, not necessarily in chronological order! - and was surprised to hear the short 'intro' to 'Spot the Ball', which wasn't on the single b-side or the 2013 Talking Elephant CD version.

It's just 4 seconds, approx, of Alan Jones doing some funky stuff on his bass and then the count in from either Bruce or Brian! Wow! I got a shock when this suddenly came on... so much so that I immediately pressed 'back' and listened again! Amazing that even after all these years, little surprises can still appear from time to time! I can only assume that said 'intro' was never intended to be heard, which is why we have never heard it until now. Strange - but nice - that it has been left on for this re-release.

Great tune as well... Nice and 'summery' !!!

:D
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Spot the Ball - extra time!

Postby iefje » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

drakula63 wrote:Life is full of surprises!

Just heard something I had NEVER heard before!

I've just played 'Life in the Jungle' from the 2017 Demon Music 11 CD boxset - working my way through them gradually, not necessarily in chronological order! - and was surprised to hear the short 'intro' to 'Spot the Ball', which wasn't on the single b-side or the 2013 Talking Elephant CD version.

It's just 4 seconds, approx, of Alan Jones doing some funky stuff on his bass and then the count in from either Bruce or Brian! Wow! I got a shock when this suddenly came on... so much so that I immediately pressed 'back' and listened again! Amazing that even after all these years, little surprises can still appear from time to time! I can only assume that said 'intro' was never intended to be heard, which is why we have never heard it until now. Strange - but nice - that it has been left on for this re-release.

Great tune as well... Nice and 'summery' !!!

:D

That's right. I also noticed this and have written a review of the entire 11 CD box set, to be found here: http://www.malcolmcampbell.me.uk/Ivo_Ko ... hadows.pdf
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby drakula63 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Strange that it slipped through the net (sorry again!), but I'm glad it did!
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby iefje » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:35 pm

drakula63 wrote:Strange that it slipped through the net (sorry again!), but I'm glad it did!

Me too! ;)
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Return to The Shadows