"Shadowing Hank" tribute show - can you help?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

"Shadowing Hank" tribute show - can you help?

Postby MeBHank » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 am

Hi folks...

Over the last few months the "Shadowing Hank" tribute show project has been picking up pace. I've spent hundreds of hours programming an extensive, intelligent lighting rig, and synchronising each lighting setting to the backing tracks. Various backing tracks have been slightly tweaked/heavily altered/created from scratch. I've brought in some new equipment to achieve certain sounds you may not have often/ever heard live. And, important for establishing the act in the serious tribute circuit, I've worked hard on my Hank look-alike (please see attachment).

Now it's time for me to reach out to you and ask for some help.

There are increasingly frequent requests to bring the Shadowing Hank show to various areas of the UK, so I'm after some suggestions to help me fill the calendar. If you can help you may receive free tickets!

The question: Is there anywhere near you (or anywhere you know of) that would suit a backing track show such as this? It could be a working men's club or social club, a small theatre, a cabaret club, a village hall which has a supportive local community... in short: any sort venue which has an established tribute or entertainment programme. No suggestion is silly and all will be investigated and seriously considered (apart from the Albert Hall or Palladium, perhaps!). Only UK venues for the moment, please.

I'm going to find local knowledge very important during this process, so please don't hold back. Give your suggestion below, or send a DM, or send an email to shadowinghank(AT)gmail.com. I'd love to have the opportunity to show off the results of my hard work in your neck of the woods, and to let you see what I think is a unique extravaganza, paying tribute to our favourite music! And of course I'd love to meet up with new or familiar faces!

Anyone who can provide a venue suggestion which results in a show being arranged will receive two free tickets to that gig!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Shadowing Hank promo shot 2.jpg
Shadowing Hank promo shot 2.jpg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 9263 times
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Re: "Shadowing Hank" tribute show - can you help?

Postby Ubique » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 am

Hi Justin
Blackfriars Theatre Boston Lincs.

The superbly restored building, originally a Dominican Friary, contains a two hundred and twenty four seat theatre, an eighty seat Cabaret Revue Bar, a Foyer Gallery which houses regular visual arts exhibitions, an art studio and a number of multi-purpose rooms. All the facilities are available to hire for business, charitable, cultural or social purposes. For further information contact Andrea on (01205) 363075 or Abby on 07903 832970. Alternatively you can email us on marketing@blackfriarsartscentre.co.uk.
Ubique

Full Real Name: Neil Shaw

Postby martcaster » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi-ya, Justin

just come across this....

http://littletheatreguild.org/

if you click on Our Theatres at the top you'll get lists of regional small theatres, most of whom, I would guess, put on other events when not being used by the local AmDrams.
Worth a (mail) shot?
Love,
Mart.
martcaster

Full Real Name: Martin Verrill

Postby RogerCook » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:24 pm

I've seen some tribute acts at the Astor in Deal.

http://theastor.org/TheAstor.dll/Home

and St Mary's Arts Centre in Sandwich

http://www.stmarysartscentre.org.uk
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Postby artyman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Ashcroft Arts Centre Fareham Hampshire seats 150

https://www.ashcroft.org.uk/
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Postby MikeAB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:54 am

Hi Justin

In New Brighton (top of the Wirral) there is the Floral Hall Theatre - it has a main stage which features the likes of Justin Hayward and Steve Hackett, and has a smaller venue called the Blue Room which might suit you. Various tribute bands turn up there and in the summer they pick up holiday makers as well as locals (even from Liverpool).

In Mold, North Wales, the Theatre Cymru hosts various smaller acts.

In Chester the new Storyhouse venue has a large venue but also a smaller stage which has had the likes of Pam Ayres etc.

Good luck with it all
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Postby RayL » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 am

The Eastbourne bandstand has a whole summer of tribute acts. Too late for this year but maybe next?

You don't mention a 'Shadowing Hank' showreel but that's pretty essential. Do you have a link?
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby MeBHank » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Thank you for all the suggestion, gents!

Ray, I do have a couple of videos online. The first of these is the most recent by a few months, and you can see the difference those months made (although it still predates significant improvements that were made in terms of the look-alike).

Keep those venue suggestions coming, folks! I do believe I'm already going to have to cough up some free tickets!
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby davec » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Justin,

SHUSH, in Wantage, South Oxfordshire, specializes in tribute acts.

http://www.shush.fm/

Regards,
DaveC.
davec

Full Real Name: David Coombes

Postby Dave54 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:20 pm

How about The Congress Theatre, Cwmbran

http://congresstheatre.co.uk/

or Usk again
Dave54

Full Real Name: David Jones

Next

Return to The Shadows