"I Met A Girl"

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: "I Met A Girl"

Postby JimN » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 am

drakula63 wrote:
JimN wrote:I take it that most people here have a way around YouTube's blocking of downloads..?

About a year ago I managed to download a short music video from Youtube without even trying. It was a total accident and to this day I have no idea how I did it. It's sitting on my hard-drive in my downloads folder and I watch it from time to time. But it's a mystery how I managed it. I've tried again and again to repeat the feat with others, but with no success!

4K Video Downloader for Windows seems to work well. You can find it here: https://4k-video-downloader.en.softonic.com/

If you identify the video's URL from the top of the screen and copy it (highlight and Control-C), simply clicking the "Paste Link" will set the application running. It will "parse" the link (make sure it's valid) and then give you the option to download it and save it to a location of your choosing. It works well on any video site and irrespective of which browser you are using.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby John Boyd » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:12 am

Ray L,
During my 36 years as a Television director, it was always a floor manager's job to cue performers to the correct camera.
Cheers,
JohnB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby drakula63 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:46 am

John Boyd wrote:Ray L,
During my 36 years as a Television director, it was always a floor manager's job to cue performers to the correct camera.
Cheers,
JohnB

True, as the director is normally up in the Gallery watching on a bank of monitors. I have heard stories that occasionally on Doctor Who a director might come down onto the floor (to try and control Tom Baker!), but usually TV and films/filmed TV are done very differently to one another. To be honest, I didn't notice any real confusion on the parts of the lads when deciding which camera to look into. Hank always seems to make it look natural! It does indeed appear to be live to me or very well mimed.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby drakula63 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:49 am

JimN wrote:
drakula63 wrote:
JimN wrote:I take it that most people here have a way around YouTube's blocking of downloads..?

About a year ago I managed to download a short music video from Youtube without even trying. It was a total accident and to this day I have no idea how I did it. It's sitting on my hard-drive in my downloads folder and I watch it from time to time. But it's a mystery how I managed it. I've tried again and again to repeat the feat with others, but with no success!

4K Video Downloader for Windows seems to work well. You can find it here: https://4k-video-downloader.en.softonic.com/

If you identify the video's URL from the top of the screen and copy it (highlight and Control-C), simply clicking the "Paste Link" will set the application running. It will "parse" the link (make sure it's valid) and then give you the option to download it and save it to a location of your choosing. It works well on any video site and irrespective of which browser you are using.

Ta, but I'm still just astounded that I managed to get a video off youtube and into my downloads folder without even trying and without having a clue how I managed it. I don't think this laptop has any special video software on it either, so maybe it was just a weird 'Twilight Zone' type fluke, which cannot be repeated!
drakula63

Postby iefje » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:10 pm

I think it is a genuine live performance and a very good one!

Regarding 'looking at the camera', I think the way The Shadows perform on this show shows them how they would perform in front of an audience, which I think is much better and spontaneous. Looking 'scripted-at-the-camera' seems quite unnatural to me.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Iain Purdon » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:23 pm

I have used Wondershare AllMyTube for at least a couple of years. It's free and it works.

Google it, download it and go.

Hope this helps - Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm

There is a 'video to mp3 convertor' - I think that's what it's called - which allows you to download just the audio from YouTube.

And in case you're worried about sound quality, I believe it converts to WAV files also.
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby cockroach » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:51 am

nivramarvin wrote:
bgohara wrote:Wow - what a find. Seeems to be live, too. Amazing

I think it isn't live. Look at Hank's right hand the first ten seconds. Also the lead guitar sounds not like a burns to me.

I watched the clip on full screen.

As far as I can hear, it sounded live to me (playing and vocals).

As far as I could see, the electric guitar and bass had visible leads and were plugged into amps which were mainly hidden by the set (I could see the top of what I presumed was a Vox amp just behind a sort of riser box on the left behind the group- those amps would probably have been mic'ed for balance overall).

Also Bruce's acoustic guitar was mic'ed which would probably not occur if the performance was mimed.

Hank's guitar was going through a foot pedal (I would think a DeArmond Volume and tone pedal) and I doubt he would have mimed with it, as it looked as if he was using it in real time with his playing and the volume swells he was creating for the lead guitar parts.

Regarding Hank's hand movements and the sounds on the clip, there is frequently such a synchronisation problem with you tube live clips where the audio gets out of sync briefly with the video..

Oh ye of little faith! :roll:
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby drakula63 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:24 pm

...and the drums are miked too (with at least an overhead and a bass drum mike) which wouldn't have been necessary if they were miming.
drakula63

Postby Monty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I tried to download that 'safe' 4k downloader for youtube but got a red warning page from McAfee site advisor saying they tested the site and it showed 'risky' aspects !

anyone else found this ?

is there a safe downloader for youtube - any links ?
Monty

Full Real Name: Geoffrey Coles

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows