Final piece of the Jigsaw...

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Final piece of the Jigsaw...

Postby iefje » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:55 am

UlrichS wrote: On the same date OLDAYS Japan reissued Brian Bennett's "Change Of Direction" (no Bonus tracks).

This CD can now be pre-ordered via Leo's Den.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Fenderman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 pm

drakula63 wrote:Interesting about the Shads tunes on the programme last night. Didn't watch it. However... later last night I sat and watched (on DVD) a couple of episodes of the (as they say) fondly-remembered children's TV show GRANGE HILL. As someone who started secondary school in 1976 and left school in 1981, this series (set in a secondary school) means so much to me and it's great to see it again. There is, of course, a Shadows connection as the theme tune was written (albeit as a piece of library music) by Alan Hawkshaw - he actually gets a credit on the back cover of the DVD. As I am now rapidly approaching my 2000th post (!), I must think carefully and make sure it's a good 'un.
:D

I recently purchased series 5&6 on DVD and he was listed on the back of the cover as Alan Hackshaw!
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby drakula63 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Fenderman wrote:
drakula63 wrote:Interesting about the Shads tunes on the programme last night. Didn't watch it. However... later last night I sat and watched (on DVD) a couple of episodes of the (as they say) fondly-remembered children's TV show GRANGE HILL. As someone who started secondary school in 1976 and left school in 1981, this series (set in a secondary school) means so much to me and it's great to see it again. There is, of course, a Shadows connection as the theme tune was written (albeit as a piece of library music) by Alan Hawkshaw - he actually gets a credit on the back cover of the DVD. As I am now rapidly approaching my 2000th post (!), I must think carefully and make sure it's a good 'un.
:D

I recently purchased series 5&6 on DVD and he was listed on the back of the cover as Alan Hackshaw!

I think that Alan would probably find that very amusing! He is known to be a bit of a practical joker and has a good sense of humour. Just started watching series 3 on DVD. His theme tune for Tucker's Luck was also very, very good - and this was a proper commission not a piece of library music.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby drakula63 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:06 pm

As an 'amusing' little P.S.

Late last night I decided to stick the Grange Hill series 3 DVD into the player and watch a couple more episodes - eps 3 and 4. Amazing how it all came back to me. Anyway, there's a sequence in episode 4 where Trisha Yates and Cathy Hargreaves are loitering around in the cloakroom during break and listening to a little radio. What should be playing on the radio during the scene...? 'Devil Woman' by Cliff! Not sure if there is any other direct Shadows connection apart from it being produced by Bruce Welch, but there we are! I thought it interesting that this song should be chosen, since the episode must have been recorded during the summer of 1979... maybe they had wanted to use 'We Don't Talk Anymore' instead? Anyway, the scene ends with Mr Hopwood chucking them out and telling them to "Turn that rubbish off!" He had no taste in music that guy!
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby iefje » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 pm

drakula63 wrote:'Devil Woman' by Cliff! Not sure if there is any other direct Shadows connection apart from it being produced by Bruce Welch, but there we are!

The musicians on the studio recording apart from Cliff are Terry Britten on guitars, Alan Tarney on bass guitar, Clem Cattini on drums, Graham Todd on keyboards and Tony Rivers, John Perry and Ken Gold on backing vocals, so there are some other Shadows connections.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Previous

Return to The Shadows