New versions of tracks of Hank Marvin's Guitar Tutor?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

New versions of tracks of Hank Marvin's Guitar Tutor?

Postby iefje » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am

I was listening to the musical tracks of Hank's guitar tutor, which was first released in 1991. Apart from three traditional tracks, all other tracks are Hank originals and I must say they are pretty good. However, the accompaniment on the versions from the guitar tutor are quite demo like: backing from a drum machine and synth bass mostly. Would it be an idea for Hank to re-record these tracks with a full band for release as a new album?
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: New versions of tracks of Hank Marvin's Guitar Tutor?

Postby anniv 63 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:31 pm

I can only remember something called Bingle Sounds as one of the playalong tracks?
Most I think were basic learning material and demos, which at the time were a good starting point
until the advent of Tabs and of course UB Hank about 1995 or so.
My copy was borrowed from the local library as were the c90 cassete tapes that were part of the tutorial.

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby iefje » Fri May 17, 2019 10:13 am

Most tracks are indeed basic pieces for education. However, tracks like "Race With The Bass", "Blue C", "Repeater", "Sliding Around In A Minor - Piece 1", "Sliding Around In A Minor - Piece 2", "Heading For Home", "How Strange The Change", "The Secret Life Of Squimby Nurox", "Broken Hill" and "Bingle Sounds" are fairly complete tracks, which could be used for a new studio album, in my humble opinion.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby bor64 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Back in the day I've bought two samples of the cassette version (still one new in the wrap collecting dust) and later the cd version.
Times flies...

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Return to The Shadows