Stateside DVD release/Eagle Rock

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Stateside DVD release/Eagle Rock

Postby wstagner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am

How sad is it that Eagle Crock can't even get Cliff's last name correct:

http://www.eaglerockent.com/eaglerockUS ... ia_id=1074

Also, the featurette on the UK dvd is 16 mins, so this is likely another mistake?

Bonus Material: 30 minute featurette containing interviews & behind the scenes footage. :o
wstagner

Re: Stateside DVD release/Eagle Rock

Postby bgohara » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 am

Funny - I was away in New Zealand over Christmas and noticed the DVD with a different cover (similar to the flyers for the tour, with 'silhouettes' of the shads and cliff) and a slightly different title 'Live in London' (no mention of the o2)

It would be nice to see the show issued on blu-ray - the quality is so much better. I bought the 'strat pack' on blu ray - the picture is superb - and the fact that there was plenty of extra footage of Hank and Ben was a great bonus! I'm not sure that a large proportion of Cliff's fan base would have blu ray players though - so maybe they think that a blu-ray release of the tour wouldn't be commercial enough (I hope I'm wrong).

Bernie
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby bob t » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Why is this release on Eagle Rock as the UK release is on 2entertain

Does this mean it does have different content for the bonus footage ?

Bob T
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby wstagner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Bob, regarding the extra footage...I'm not hopeful it will be any diffrent....we'll know soon enough.
Maybe someone around here can tellus 2Entertain vs. Eaglerock, or maybe they're somehoo related?

I'd be curious to know how many total copies have been sold thus far and in 3-4 months how many will have been sold USA side.

I'm curious about same of the 2004 Final Tour DVD.

Regarding Bluray, I dunno. Anything shot in HD can be mastered ether way...seems like NBD.
wstagner

Postby bob t » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Formed in September 2004, 2 entertain Ltd is a joint venture between VCI Group, previously the UK's leading independent audio/visual packaged media business, and BBC Video, a division of BBC Worldwide.

No Mention of Eagle Rock

Bob T
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby wstagner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Try emailing Eagle Rock from their website:

http://www.eaglerockent.com/eaglerockUSA/
wstagner

Postby wstagner » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 am

UPDATE as of 2/1/10.

Received the DVD on Friday 1/29. All DVD content is identical to the UK release.

It is officially released here by Eagle Rock.

As of today, amazon.com is backordered 1-3 weeks on the DVD. Who nose how many they had to start with. There are other places on the net that claim to have it in stock.

Same crappy jacket with no notes or track listing. Even the DVD track listing/pic/menu system has a cheap look/feel when compared to the 2004 Final Tour. I understand the thing retails for less than $15 but so did the Final Tour DVD and I thought its packaging was outstanding. I could have done better with my Ulead Pro X2 video editor.

Luckilly the content is outstanding. I just thought enquiring minds would wanna no.
wstagner

Postby wstagner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:13 am

All the USA DVD sources for the Final Reunion DVD are reporting 1-3 week backorder or "sold out" as of 2/18/10.

This includes amazon.com.

I wonder how many were actually distributed?

Are they readily available in the UK?
wstagner

Return to The Shadows