HANK'S Guitar Tech

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

HANK'S Guitar Tech

Postby geronimo7476 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 am

I wonder how many noticed Allan Rogan, the big guy who wonders onto the stage with Hank's guitars on the Cliff and The Shadows current Reunion Tour, is the same Alan Rogan, guitar tech to The Eagles on their Farewell Tour number One. (Live from Melbourne is probably a clue)
Just thought it may be of interest.
Cheers CC
geronimo7476

Re: HANK'S Guitar Tech

Postby dave robinson » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:31 am

I watched the 'Stratpack' Fender Strat 50th Anniversary DVD last night and noticed that Alan Rogan was handling guitars during the show for Joe Walsh, amongst others. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby cockroach » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 am

Talking of guitar techs, Tommy Emmanuel's guitar tech will willingly answer any questions about his gear etc on Tommy's website...wonder if Allan Rogan would do the same for the Shads??!!

Would save a lot of arguments, but he may probably not be inclined (or allowed) to do so..!
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby hbmartin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 am

Alan Rogan is Pete Townshend's permanent guitar tek and has been for years.

See him here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEdPS_D-x_8&feature=PlayList&p=E76A85CA8EBA8C73&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19
hbmartin

Postby hbmartin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:21 am

sorry; don't know how to make the utube link above 'live" so that all you do is click it - can anybody help?
hbmartin

Postby bgohara » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

I was up near the stage for the second half of one of the o2 shows and noticed 'the who' on one of the flight cases on Alan's side - so it all stacks up!
Bernie
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby geronimo7476 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Thank you Dave, John, Harold and Bernie. I learned something, He's really been around.
Bernie I think this works now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEdPS_D- ... L&index=19

Cheers CC
geronimo7476

Postby MeBHank » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 am

cockroach wrote:Talking of guitar techs, Tommy Emmanuel's guitar tech will willingly answer any questions about his gear etc on Tommy's website...wonder if Allan Rogan would do the same for the Shads??!!

Would save a lot of arguments, but he may probably not be inclined (or allowed) to do so..!

On this site, we know more than anyone about Hank's gear. If you want new information you'd probably end up disappointed!

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Return to The Shadows