Feelin' Fine

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Feelin' Fine

Postby Fenderman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Does anyone know if the Drifter's 'Feelin Fine' peformance still exists? I remember seeing a still for it in 'The Story of the Shadows' when they appeared on 'Oh Boy!' (1959?) i think. A look through Youtube has brought up nothing.
Has this footage surfaced since then? If not i guess it has been wiped. It would have been intersting to see Hank and Bruce's first tv appearence.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Re: Feelin' Fine

Postby Moderne » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 pm

I may be wrong but I believe their first TV appearance was on "Six-Five Special" with The Five Chesternuts. I'm fairly certain both this and the Feelin' Fine performance would have been wiped. Jim Nugent will probably give a more accurate answer.

Clive
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Re: Feelin' Fine

Postby Derek Mowbray » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I remember seeing The Shadows then known as The Drifters performing Feeling Fine on The Oh Boy TV show in 1959.I cannot say what the date of transmission was ,the song was recorded in January `59 and Cliff and The Drifters did two shows that month, the 17th&31st ,they did not appear again until March 7th.This show was the first of 13 shows recorded for American TV ,only eight of these shows were broadcast.The tapes of these shows are in the hands of a private collector in the States,so there may be a remote chance of The Drifters performance of Feeling Fine been on tape.This would be the first ever solo performance of The Shadows line up on Television.
Attachments
06ea7c80.jpg
06ea7c80.jpg (8.48 KiB) Viewed 3029 times
Derek Mowbray

Full Real Name: Derek Mowbray

Return to The Shadows