Celebration of the Shadows - 2019 - Great Weekend.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Celebration of the Shadows - 2019 - Great Weekend.

Postby SJB » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Just returned to Wales from Lakeside.

This is my fourth year visiting the Celebration. Fans came from far and wide - Europe - Wales - Cornwall - Aberdeen.

The main show was excellent this year. Bob Dore did the sound for all the Bands which was great because the sound was spot on for all. Well done to Bob.

I must admit I was a little sceptical about Earl Jackson (as Chuck Berry). But --- he was amazing - the songs and guitar playing. I had a chat with him afterwards - it was like talking to a Jack in the Box!!

There was a Friday evening party this year. The meal was very good - a little slow on the service though.
John Bell provided the amps / PA etc and the sound stage was excellent for all the guest players. John came in very late to take this on - but as far as I am aware if this goes ahead next year John has offered his services.

Of course we are all wondering if this event will go ahead next year. Maybe???

Keep Playing
SJB

Full Real Name: Stuart J Best

Re: Celebration of the Shadows - 2019 - Great Weekend.

Postby Geoff_W » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Agree whole heartedly with Stuart. John Bell did indeed do an amazing job setting up and working the sound desk on the Friday night - cheers John. The Saturday show was first class too. Fingers crossed for next year.
Geoff_W

Full Real Name: Geoff Worrall

Re: Celebration of the Shadows - 2019 - Great Weekend.

Postby Hank2k » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:13 pm

sadly wasn't at the friday night but i really enjoyed the Saturday night! Was great as always to catch up with friends and listen to great music.

Particularly enjoyed the Chuck Berry tribute thought that was really entertaining! Heres to next year?
Hank2k

Return to The Shadows