Original line up

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Original line up

Postby EJK » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:56 pm

As a fairly new entrant to viewing You Tube I took the opportunity recently to search under The Shadows then Cliff Richard and The Shadows.

Under the "Cliff etc. " search there are to be found some marvellous clips from the early 60's featuring the classic Welch , Harris, Marvin and Meehan line up. For example on a Move It and on a Move on down the line tracks the boys really let rip with some great bass runs from Jet Harris. It was also wonderful to see Tony Meehan belting it out, Hank really "letting fly"" and Bruce as steady as ever. Also interesting to see on a few clips that Bruce was using the Fender Jazzmaster.

Just a personal view of course but it was a great pity that the original line up did not continue as there was so much more to come. They had a great presence and played with a "rockin' edge" really full of energy.

Apologies to all if this topic of the early days of the group on You Tube has been covered in the past. I am fairly new to the site as well!
EJK

Full Real Name: Eric Kidd

Re: Original line up

Postby des mcneill » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Eric,
I doubt you need to apologise, I suspect most people would agree with your opinions,certainly I would.
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Re: Original line up

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 am

They were a great rock band, no question. If they had stayed together I wonder whether the "all-round entertainer" policy would still have been applied - and if so whether it might have driven two of them out of the band?
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to The Shadows