Paris Olympia CD

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Paris Olympia CD

Postby drakula63 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Not got any Shadows pressies for Christmas Day this year, but I did treat myself to THIS a few days ago. My original 1992 copy was stolen in a burglary not that long after I bought it, probably 92-95, and, for some odd reason, it's taken me until now to replace it! I saw this on ebay last week, from a seller based in Paris, and so that was enough to convince me to buy it! It's in immaculate condition in every respect and sounds great... definitely a favourite of mine ever since I got it on LP back in the late '70s. A shame that, even this 'Full Concert Version' is not quite complete! Hopefully, one day, a double CD with EVERYTHING on will be released. Yes, I have the Magic Records version but, as with this one, it lacks a couple of tracks at least.

Anyway, I might stick it on again tonight... or maybe Rockin' With Curly Leads, which I got for Christmas 1979. How time flies! [Edit: Just realised. I got RWCL at Christmas 1978, NOT '79! Time really DOES fly!!!]

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Attachments
paris75_opt (1).jpg
(52.5 KiB) Downloaded 3106 times
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Paris Olympia CD

Postby Didier » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:14 am

The Magic Records double CD published in 2002 contains two missing tunes, "Black eyes" and "Silvery rain", but studio versions have been used as the live recordings were defective...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Re: Paris Olympia CD

Postby iefje » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:53 pm

The added value of the 2002 double CD issue is the inclusion of the spoken introductions, which were present on the original 14-track LP from 1975 and further stage banter, recorded by audience members. Also, the version of "The Rise And Fall Of Flingel Bunt" is the one with Hank's down slide flourish at the end of the track, which was only issued on the 1975 LP.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Return to The Shadows