Bruce in Daily Mirror

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Bruce in Daily Mirror

Postby iefje » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:59 am

Iain Purdon wrote:Maybe there is, but that’s not the Shadows. I think Bruce is probably saying it as it is. And why not? I’m younger than he is and I don’t want to go back to work!

In my spare time, I play bass guitar in a blues/rock band, totally different from The Shadows' music and I really enjoy doing it, because music is my hobby and a big passion. However, physically it's quite demanding, especially when we are doing high energy lengthy 2,5 to 3 hour shows with lots of improvisation. At my current age, it's quite easy to keep up with it, but I think whenever I reach 60, 65 and beyond, it would probably become a struggle at which point I would stop. So, I can completely understand our heroes if they would like to retire and call it a day. As has been said, The Shadows have given us so much enjoyment with lots of recorded music and television, radio and concerts appearances, during a very long time, that in my opinion they fully deserve their retirement. Everything they still do record, release and perform is a bonus!
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Fenderman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Not really a fan of his gypsy jazz stuff, I bought Django's Castle but couldn't get into it but it's what he enjoys playing, each to their own.
I'd definitely buy a 'proper' jazz guitar album if he did that, something along the lines of Wes Montgomery.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby StanfordTuck » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 pm

In my spare time, I play bass guitar in a blues/rock band, totally different from The Shadows' music and I really enjoy doing it, because music is my hobby and a big passion. However, physically it's quite demanding, especially when we are doing high energy lengthy 2,5 to 3 hour shows with lots of improvisation. At my current age, it's quite easy to keep up with it, but I think whenever I reach 60, 65 and beyond, it would probably become a struggle at which point I would stop. So, I can completely understand our heroes if they would like to retire and call it a day. As has been said, The Shadows have given us so much enjoyment with lots of recorded music and television, radio and concerts appearances, during a very long time, that in my opinion they fully deserve their retirement. Everything they still do record, release and perform is a bonus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsAexWEw0wY
StanfordTuck

Full Real Name: Cees van Gent

Postby Teflon » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Nice to see a Burns bass being used :D
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby Shadsguy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:25 pm

I can understand we will never see a Hank concert Tour or Shadows Tour again they are all 79/80 years old this year but a short Dvd from Abbey Road with all the Shadows together in Studio 2 or an EP with them playing a few tracks as well as the upcoming documentary for the 60th anniversary of Apache would be a great way to mark this occasion after all Cliff's doing a short UK Tour for his 80th and the Shadows didn't do a 40th or 50th Tour on their own as a band no one would expect a tour again but I think this would be a good way to celebrate an anniversary of a long and fantastic career of a fantastic instrumental band and the first ever British Band
Shadsguy

Full Real Name: Gavin Ankers

Previous

Return to The Shadows