Cliff Hall

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Cliff Hall

Postby Pedro » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am

waffles wrote:I was hired to keep the average age down and help with the insurance premiums.
Just to put the record straight...

You're too modest!
Pedro

Postby John Boyd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 am

Bill,
I'm rather hoping that the 'version' of The Shadows that makes its way 'downunder' will be the same group that featured in that wonderful Cliff Richard Reunion DVD :) A truly amazing production in every way!
I'm counting the days until March 1 & 2 in Christchurch NZ.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby Bill Bowley » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:59 pm

John,

I just wrote a few paragraphs on my disappointments with the lineup for the Sydney Show, but have just erased it, not worth throwing a grenade into the mix this late in the program.

'The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on...........'

Regards
Bill Bowley

Postby waffles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Last edited by waffles on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waffles

Postby Apache1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 am

Warren you were hired because of your musical capabilities and the extra guitar in the background and all the other things you personally added to the show
those in the background don't allways get the credit they deserve, I saw you on tour with Hank & Ben there are musicians and there are musicians, and you most certainly are a musician !
You did a superb job on the tour
John
Apache1

Postby Bill Bowley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:25 am

waffles wrote:Don't worry Bill,I can't make that one.

"The koala farts,but the lion roars..."

Warren,

Nothing derogatory meant to you personally in what I said, it applies equally to all! But seriously, as to your personal talents, I have been most impressed by what I have watched (and listened of course!) you do on the Hank concerts on Foxtel over the years and the odd clips from Shadowmania - you are obviously more than capable in all respects, even bringing other instruments to the 'table' as well - and after reading some of the background information concerning why Cliff Hall is 'not attending' I must agree with the logic behind the 'umpires decision'.

BTW, if you aren't doing that gig, who is?

Enough of my ramblings, 'back in my box' for me! :oops:
Bill Bowley

Postby Didier » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:51 am

Apache1 wrote:Warren you were hired because of your musical capabilities and the extra guitar in the background and all the other things you personally added to the show
those in the background don't allways get the credit they deserve, I saw you on tour with Hank & Ben there are musicians and there are musicians, and you most certainly are a musician !
You did a superb job on the tour
John

I attended the "Final Reunion" Paris concert on November 7th and Warren did a perfect job with all his various instruments. Including the bell on "Sea Cruise" !

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Pedro » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am

When I initiated this thread I in no way meant to differentiate between Warren and Cliff Hall. I merely wanted to know an answer following the purchase of the Reunion DVD.
I have to say that on the DVD 'Hank plays live' I noted Warren for the first time and thought his contributions were excellent especially 'Sacha'.
Pedro

Previous

Return to The Shadows