Joe Brown

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Joe Brown

Postby neil2726 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:44 pm

I went to see Joe and his band in concert last night at the Buxton Opera House. As usual a great show, lots of varied music played by great musicians! One thing that did strike me though was the overall sound. It was perfect. The balance was spot on, you could hear all the different instruments and all complimented each other. The sound guys did a first class job - unlike some other concerts I've attended, where one instrument dominated others and the overall balance was awfull and TOO loud! Well done the sound guys!
At one point Joe and his son Pete were about to play Dueling Banjos when Joe found his banjo wasnt being amplified. His tech came on stage and tried to fix but couldn't. Joe just pulled his mic down in front of the banjo and said "Let's play the bloody thing anyway!" A true professional. :)
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Re: Joe Brown

Postby d jones » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi I also had the pleasure to see Joe on Monday in Halifax,top show from a top professional!

Dave
d jones

Return to The Shadows