Hank concerts.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank concerts.

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:08 pm

Recently ventured into the attic to search out my old vhs tapes with the purpose of converting to dvd. I located tapes for the Hank & Brian tour in 1994, the Hank tour of 1997 and Hanks final tour of 2002. The 1995 tour was officially recorded and released, however, I would have expected to find a tape for the 2000 tour, but no luck. If anyone has a copy of the 2000 tour, I’d be happy to exchange some other collectors item in return for a copy.
Feel free to send me a PM if you can be of help with my request.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Re: Hank concerts.

Postby Fenderman » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 pm

It would have been nice if more than one VHS/DVD/CD was released of his live shows. His 2000 show to me was impeccable.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:08 pm

It’s been fun watching some of them, I’m pretty sure I had a fans copy of the 2000 show, but either it’s mislaid in the attic or I’ve loaned it out to someone. Interestingly, his sound was better in the early shows, Matchless and Roland RE301 but his later sound with KCP and Q2/20 was very bassy as can be heard in The Shadows Final Tour dvd.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Hank2k » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi Alan

Dont suppose there is any chance of a copy of the 1997 tour video by any chance? That was when i first got in to hank and the shads and remember the concert at Brentwood with my mum and Dad seeing the master live for the first time
Hank2k

Postby chippy71 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:35 pm

AlanMcKillop wrote:It’s been fun watching some of them, I’m pretty sure I had a fans copy of the 2000 show, but either it’s mislaid in the attic or I’ve loaned it out to someone. Interestingly, his sound was better in the early shows, Matchless and Roland RE301 but his later sound with KCP and Q2/20 was very bassy as can be heard in The Shadows Final Tour dvd.
chippy71

Full Real Name: neil fletcher

Postby bor64 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Hank2k wrote:
Dont suppose there is any chance of a copy of the 1997 tour video by any chance? That was when i first got in to hank and the shads and remember the concert at Brentwood with my mum and Dad seeing the master live for the first time

Hi Steve,
I was at Berntwood 2007 also.(To be honest I attend every Brentwood concert of all Hanks tours and also the shads 2004.)
Did you came very early and visited the hallway next to the dressing rooms? Because I can vaguely remember a young man with a parent.
Did you meet Hank pre-show?

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Postby Hank2k » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:01 am

Morning rob

No I didn’t know about the backstage stuff etc back then. I do remember after it finished there was a queue of people outside what I think was the dressing room but the guy on the door said they weren’t going to come out so we went home. Never met Hank yet still on my to do list!
Hank2k

Postby bor64 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi Steve,

Brentwood was very easy to go past the doorman early in the day.
Just got in line for the theatre and swimming-pool ticket-booth for a few moments and then past the booth on the left-side,turn right and your in the hallway to the dressing rooms.
The backstage doors are also in the same hallway, so every-time we arrived Lionel was a excellent host!
We discussed guitars, amps etc he showed me all new things Hank used...the only restriction he got...I wasn't allowed to walk to the exit to the parking with a guitar or two ;) So after Brentwood all other 5 or 6 concerts we visit had no riddles for me.
So I tried the VML proto's with plastic tip on the four strats Hank used etc.

Cheers Rob
"afterwards everyone is clairvoyant"
bor64

Full Real Name: Rob Aartsen

Return to The Shadows