Yours Retro article

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Yours Retro article

Postby MikeAB » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm

A 3 page article on the Shads is in the new issue of the excellent Retro mag. Not entirely accurate but respectful enough.
MikeAB

Full Real Name: Mike Barnes

Re: Yours Retro article

Postby DustyShoes » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:47 am

After all these years of repeating their basic biography, almost ad infinatum, it must now be almost universally understood, how the genisus of The Shadows played out. So much so that variations on a theme should be almost impossible to make - you would think so anyway. ;)
But with new publications attracting new readership, new school writers who seem to belive that, near enough is good enough, accuracy can present itself as an inconvenience not worth the bother of chasing.

All the best.
DustyShoes.
DustyShoes

Full Real Name: Simon Disawari

Postby Fenderman » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:19 am

I'm surprised that after 60 years Hank is still asked about how he got the Strat and answers with the usual story, he must be bored of telling it by now, he seems to get asked the same questions by the mainstream media. Some of his interviews online are a bit more indepth.
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby DustyShoes » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Greetings & Good Wishes.
Very recently, they should still be availabe to view, I discovered on YT two interviews with Hank Marvin in conversation
with hosts who were tooled up with sufficient knowledge of a range of topics that Hank could respond to readily
and with candor, giving listeners and viewers some pretty interesting views into Hank, his life, religion and the music.
One conversation was on a British radio program via telephone between, London, England and Perth, Australia.
The other, this time a taped conversation in Brisbane, Australia, during the time of a Jazz festival where Henk and the group he plays with were also performing.
Both conversations are well worthy of your time to view.

Links
https://youtu.be/IYNVnXIZxQs
https://youtu.be/7ToPFFIk26o

Tune in and be safe.
Simon
DustyShoes

Full Real Name: Simon Disawari

Postby Arpeggio » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Mike,
Could you possibly Scan / Photocopy / Photograph the relevant "Yours Retro" pages and post them here? I missed that issue. I contacted the Yours Retro 'Back Issues' department and that issue has already sold out & is no longer available.

Yours Hopefully, Rob :D
Arpeggio

Return to The Shadows