Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Re: Ripped off backing Tracks

Postby dave robinson » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Same culprit as last year, here's where the trail led to.

Colin Gee Transport Ltd
Necropolis Works
Necropolis Road
Bradford
BD7 2PS
Telephone: 01274 575733
Mobile: 07968 738082
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Amanda » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't like the sound of that!

Necropolis - spooky!
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Risky » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 pm

I've reported this guy to eBay (Online Car Boot Sales) once again.

PLEASE do not consider buying these BTs from this guy. They are rip-offs of tracks by all the popular BT makers - UBHank, Shadows Workout, Past Masters and others (How many BTs of "I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Arthur" have you ever come across?)

I have just had an email exchange with him. He is not contrite and will continue to act illegally unless he is stopped. Sadly he has lots of positive feedback from his eBay customers.
(ex-guitar player) - now a ukulele and ukulele bass player!
Update: After 10 years absence, now a born-again Hankie
Risky

Full Real Name: Phil Wolstenholme

Postby dave robinson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am

He is even selling original material written by us (Buganvilla, No Retreat) as well as Warren's stuff (Across The Border) and many others. He will be stopped - one way or another.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Paulps » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Listing on e-bay now ended! 11.51.03am 29/01/10
Paulps

Postby bgohara » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

b'stard!
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Risky » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:10 pm

The item has now been withdrawn, although I have had further emails from this guy. As I stated above he is not contrite and will continue to rip off our BT makers when he can.

Here is a copy of the latest email he has sent:

Well I’m afraid Mr ? , that you are mistaken, which I am sure costly letters to your solicitors will eventually prove.
(If you pass this on to your ‘IT Detective’ / solicitor I’m sure he will confirm it:- My free hosting with TalkTalk didn’t offer CGI scripting which I needed so people could use a HTML based form to send selections - so I had to search Google for sites with unencrypted CGI web form handlers with HTML side editable values. This transport company you mention I’ve used before, and has just the type of e-mail form / open CGI script I needed.

First of all I would like to send you a copy of an e-mail I sent to one of ‘you’ which I am sure you have already seen:-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear ? ,

I would like to thank you for the time taken to e-mail me. First of all, I would just like to point out that I am not a business trader, simply a Shadows fan. 'Shadstrax' is in no way a registered company or profit organisation. The sole purpose of the items listed on Ebay are to give hours of enjoyment to Shadows fans as they have done for me. Each CD takes roughly 2 hours to produce. This includes; recording the media, digitally verifying the content, printing the case, creating postage envelopes, and physically posting the item. After Ebay costs, paypal fees, postage, CD's, cases, envelopes etc. profit per CD is around £6 - roughly £3 per hour. Not to mention literally hours spent designing the listing. As you can see, this is only worth my while knowing that every CD that I have sent gets my 100% care and attention and is hopefully giving pleasure to the person buying it. Any 'profit' is either spent buying backing tracks from the excellent Shads recording artists out there, or a monthly payment to the N.S.P.C.C or R.S.P.C.A charities. I have had various threatening e-mails from different Ebay members, and most of the listings get removed by Ebay after a few hours due to the 'automatic review process' because of five or more alleged 'compliance of policy breach' strikes. It seems such a shame that Shads fans are loosing out and the promotion of real quality music is limited because of the complaints; my intention was never to create such distraught to so many members on Ebay.

Once again, thank you for the time you have taken to express you concerns, and lets hope Shads fans keep twanggin' for years to come!

All the best.

As you can see he is lying through his teeth: "Any 'profit' is either spent buying backing tracks from the excellent Shads recording artists out there". I can tell you that he does not have permission from Dave Robinson or Ian McCutcheon and I'm certain that he does not have permission from Sh-Boom, Hank Marvin or Warren Bennett to copy and distribute their tracks.

This guy's email address is: shads-trax@hotmail.co.uk

Perhaps it would be a good idea if as many members of this community as possible sent him an email querying the authenticty of his products. A couple of hundred emails would keep him busy for a while.

(ex-guitar player) - now a ukulele and ukulele bass player!
Update: After 10 years absence, now a born-again Hankie
Risky

Full Real Name: Phil Wolstenholme

Postby dave robinson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Very moving letter, my heart bleeds for him, many thanks Phil for your support and help. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:49 pm

If this person is a Shadows fan, he's a disgrace to the rest of us. it's a pity he has no respect for the musicians who have arranged, performed and produced backing track CDs - paying their own dues as they go. He is ripping them off.

I'm not hypocritically claiming that I have never made or acquired a copy that I shouldn't , but I think going into business in this way takes the biscuit (and other things).

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to The Shadows