SUSSEX SHADOWS CLUB (new)

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

SUSSEX SHADOWS CLUB (new)

Postby Tab » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm

After some weeks in the planning, it looks as though we may have lift off for a Shads Club in the Seaford area of East Sussex (just east of Brighton and Lewes) The proposal is for a monthly meet on a Sunday afternoon avoiding a clash with the Solent Club.

Ray Field has done most of the leg work in securing an attractive venue and we would like to guage what sort of interest there would be from you guys within striking distance of the East Sussex Coast.

I know we will get support from some of the other clubs which we frequent, Surrey, South Coast, Solent etc but it would be nice to know that there is interest on the doorstep.

Your messages of interest would be of great help to us.

Kind regards,

Terry Bryant/Ray Field
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Re: SUSSEX SHADOWS CLUB (new)

Postby ShadsDrums » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Terry

We will make every effort to support you! Good luck with the new club.

Cheers
Chris
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby Geffers » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello Terry and Ray

All the best for the SSC keep us posted on when the first one is we will support you - their are a few players that have been to us on a Wednesday that come from the Brighton area ( A long trek on the A27 ).

I am sure they would be chuffed to have another Club ontheir doorstep.

Cheers
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Postby OLDEREK » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi Terry & Ray..........Ken and myself wish you well with this new club, we will both try to be with you on your opening...............The Solent Club has been shelfed at the moment, so there is no worry about a clash of dates.............Keep us informed about the details........Cheers... :D
OLDEREK

Postby John Boulden » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 am

Hi Terry/Ray,

Count me in for your opening day.

BTs only at the moment?

Good luck with the new club. I have had so much fun and made so many friends at our Surrey club over the past two years, I hope you have a similar experience...

John Boulden
John Boulden

Postby drumatt70 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Tab wrote:After some weeks in the planning, it looks as though we may have lift off for a Shads Club in the Seaford area of East Sussex (just east of Brighton and Lewes) The proposal is for a monthly meet on a Sunday afternoon avoiding a clash with the Solent Club.

Ray Field has done most of the leg work in securing an attractive venue and we would like to guage what sort of interest there would be from you guys within striking distance of the East Sussex Coast.

I know we will get support from some of the other clubs which we frequent, Surrey, South Coast, Solent etc but it would be nice to know that there is interest on the doorstep.

Your messages of interest would be of great help to us.

Kind regards,

Terry Bryant/Ray Field

John Boulden wrote:Hi Terry/Ray,

Count me in for your opening day.

BTs only at the moment?

Good luck with the new club. I have had so much fun and made so many friends at our Surrey club over the past two years, I hope you have a similar experience...

John Boulden
drumatt70

Postby drumatt70 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi,just joined this site.
Good luck with the new club,will you be posting details of the venue at which it is to be held?
If you need a drummer i am available (i used to play in an instrumental band called Lost 4 words based in Eastbourne untill it was dissolved).
Look forward to the opening night.
drumatt70

Postby skye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 pm

HI Matthew
Thanks for your interest , Terry, Simon and myself will know more after this weekend when we will be visiting the club to sort out dates, times etc. and will be posting all information on this site. We look forward to seeing everybody at our first meeting,
best regards Ray.
skye

Full Real Name: Ray Field

Postby drumatt70 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:08 am

Hi Ray
Thanks for the info and i'll be sure to keep an eye on here.
Do you have a drummer?
Matt
drumatt70

Postby skye » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

Hi Matt,

The format Terry, Simon and myself have discussed will be BT's to start, and then once up and running we want to introduce live plus some vocals. In answer to your question no we dont have a drummer at the moment.
Ray
skye

Full Real Name: Ray Field

Next

Return to The Shadows