'Reunited' suggestion

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

'Reunited' suggestion

Postby drakula63 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:47 pm

Since it's now been 12 years since 'Cliff Richard and the Shadows Reunited' was released, and since re-issues seem to be popular these days, isn't it about time this album got the deluxe re-release treatment? In addition to the 22 tracks on the original album, it could also include the six other tracks that were included on the CD single, vinyl single and CD EP. A total of 28 tracks. And, let's be really honest, although it wasn't that bad, the original album cover was a bit naff. I've seen better photos taken of them together from that period which would look much better as a front cover. I always thought that pic, symbolic as it was, looked a bit too contrived. And what was Brian supposed to be doing?

And while we're at it... what about a proper 'live album' to go with the DVD and Blu-ray?
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: 'Reunited' suggestion

Postby iefje » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 am

When these releases came out in September 2009, I immediately ordered my copies of the 7" single, the CD single and the deluxe edition containing the album, the 3-track bonus CD and the jigsaw puzzle. A couple of months later, I made a CDR for my own use in the car of the album, the 3-track CD, the CD single and the 7" single. For those who didn't buy the original releases, a combined CD of all 28 tracks would be great, although I doubt that Parlophone would invest in such a reissue. There haven't been much back catalogue releases from Parlophone in recent years. Of "The Final Reunion" I have the DVD and Blu-Ray issues and would welcome a double live album on CD and also a triple live album on vinyl, but again I very much doubt if this will ever be released. I'm also losing hope that the "Thank You Very Much", "Together 1984" and "From A Distance - The Event" concert material will ever be reissued in expanded and/or complete form.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby nivramarvin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:17 am

drakula63 wrote:... And, let's be really honest, although it wasn't that bad, the original album cover was a bit naff. ...

Hi Chris, what does "naff" mean? Google Translate failed about that word.

Cheers - Wolfgang
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Postby iefje » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:25 am

nivramarvin wrote:
drakula63 wrote:... And, let's be really honest, although it wasn't that bad, the original album cover was a bit naff. ...

Cheers - Wolfgang

I think it means boring.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby drakula63 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:44 pm

nivramarvin wrote:

Cheers - Wolfgang

It's a kind of UK colloquialism, popularised in 1970s TV shows such as 'Porridge'. My understanding, and usage, of it, is another term for 'rubbish'.

I don't hate the cover art, but it is pretty odd when you look at it. Cliff looks OK, but the others look a bit awkward and Brian, just standing there holding his snare drum and sticks as Hank and Bruce are doing the 'Shadow walk', just looks, well, naff! Surely they could have taken some good photos at the end of 2008 when Cliff and the Shads reunited for the Royal Variety Show. Or, at the least, a better CGI painting. Something more akin to the front cover image of Shadow Music would have been better.

I have heard a whisper that a new DVD/Blu-ray of The Shadows Final Tour might be coming out this year - to compliment last year's vinyl and CD releases - so maybe there is hope for some other surprises in the future.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:17 am

Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Return to The Shadows