Jean-Pierre Danel: Hats Off To The Boys

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Jean-Pierre Danel: Hats Off To The Boys

Postby iefje » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:18 pm

I have just received my copy of Jean-Pierre Danel's limited edition LP/CD/DVD set "Hats Off To The Boys - A Tribute To The Shadows". I must say that it's a great release. This is the first time I heard Jean-Pierre play and he is a great guitarist. So far, I have watched the DVD, which contains a very good summary by Jean-Pierre of The Shadows career, some very interesting interviews and an acoustic jam session with Hank and also twenty minutes of behind-the-scenes footage of The Shadows being filmed for the "Macadam Special The Shadows" special from 1984, recorded by Jean-Pierre himself. The live and promo clips of Jean-Pierre and his band are great too. I really recommend this set!
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: Jean-Pierre Danel: Hats Off To The Boys

Postby Didier » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 am

You can get it from Leo's Den, which I did.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Re: Jean-Pierre Danel: Hats Off To The Boys

Postby iefje » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:45 am

There are three tracks featuring Hank on this set: "Nivram", "M Appeal" and "Skywalking". Is "Nivram" the same recording as on Jean-Pierre's "Guitar Connection Vol.1 And Vol.2" album and "M Appeal" the same recording as on Jean-Pierre's "Out Of The Blues" album?
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Return to The Shadows