Bruce Welch on 50 years in the Shadows - ABC Perth - Austral

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Bruce Welch on 50 years in the Shadows - ABC Perth - Austral

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:34 am

No need to apologise as I enjoyed it, but I thought it was hilarious how someone described Joe Morretti as 'foul mouthed' on one thread, then enjoyed Bruce's interview - hypocritiical or what ? . . . . priceless ! :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Moderne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks for calling me a hypocrite...how charming! Why say 'someone' when you could use my name?

Firstly, I wasn't offended by Joe Moretti's 'foul-mouthed' website - I actually think it's quite funny. But whether you're offended by it or not, it is foul-mouthed. So I think I can enjoy his website and Bruce's interview without being a hypocrite, can't I?

Secondly, even if I was offended by it I would hardly compare his extensive use of 'strong' language with Bruce's reference to the 'dog's b******s'.

I am, however, offended by being called a hypocrite.

'Someone'
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Moderne wrote:Thanks for calling me a hypocrite... Don't mention it how charming! Why say 'someone' when you could use my name? Why not ?
Firstly, I wasn't offended by Joe Moretti's 'foul-mouthed' website - You should have said I actually think it's quite funny. Me too But whether you're offended by it or not, it is foul-mouthed. So I think I can enjoy his website and Bruce's interview without being a hypocrite, can't I? It has to be one or the other, don't you think?

Secondly, even if I was offended by it I would hardly compare his extensive use of 'strong' language with Bruce's reference to the 'dog's b******s'. Your opinion

I am, however, offended by being called a hypocrite. Then don't be one. :lol:

'Someone'
I'm sorry, but lifes' too short for this tripe
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Moderne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

I think a serious question mark should be levelled at your position of authority on this site if this is how you feel you can refer to me and then respond when I tell you you have offended me. I think you are totally out of order.
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Postby hbmartin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Oh dear, another playground squabble is underway.
hbmartin

Postby captainhaddock » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Moderne wrote:I think a serious question mark should be levelled at your position of authority on this site if this is how you feel you can refer to me and then respond when I tell you you have offended me. I think you are totally out of order.

Well said Clive. I know that Mr Robinson is one of the high-ups on this forum and that I risk bringing his wrath down upon me. But having myself been a contributor to a thread on this forum recently, that ended up being dismissed as "Tripe". I feel that Mr Robinson maybe forgets that we are usually allowed to express opinions without being held up to his ridicule in front of other forum members. It might be more acceptable if we were nameless, but I believe that as our names are out there for all to see, he should respect our opinions without making somewhat Childish comments. This is meant to be a forum for the discussion and appreciation of The Shadows, not a place for personal abuse. Shall I get my coat or can I stay?
captainhaddock

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Moderne wrote:I think a serious question mark should be levelled at your position of authority on this site if this is how you feel you can refer to me and then respond when I tell you you have offended me. I think you are totally out of order.

Clive, I'm really not concerned about what you think of my 'authority', whatever that means.

I'm making my reply as a member rather than a moderator with my own opinion the way I see it, thus:

(a) On one post you announce that Joe Morretti has a foul mouthed website because he swears, which to me sounded as though you disapproved - fair enough. Bear in mind that this is a website that one has to seek.

(b) You then applaud an interview where Bruce used equally bad language on live national radio which is far more serious, albeit in Australia, but displayed here on this site, which whether or not you agree, is hypocritical.

For what it's worth I was quite amused by what appeared to be your contradicting posts.

I'm sorry you were offended and even more sorry that you can't see it.

That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Peace.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Well said Clive. I know that Mr Robinson is one of the high-ups on this forum and that I risk bringing his wrath down upon me. But having myself been a contributor to a thread on this forum recently, that ended up being dismissed as "Tripe". I feel that Mr Robinson maybe forgets that we are usually allowed to express opinions without being held up to his ridicule in front of other forum members. It might be more acceptable if we were nameless, but I believe that as our names are out there for all to see, he should respect our opinions without making somewhat Childish comments. This is meant to be a forum for the discussion and appreciation of The Shadows, not a place for personal abuse. Shall I get my coat or can I stay?[/quote]

I gather that you are referring to the 'alternantive takes' thread where I added my opinion - or am I not entitled to one?

For your information, subject of unreleased tracks by The Shadows has been raised many times before over the last eleven years, one gets fed up of going over it all, the bottom line is that The Shadows DON'T want them releasing. We have to live with that and respect it. I said it was tripe because it's just a waste of time raking over it all - - - again. That's my opinion - OK?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby OLDEREK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 pm

It has just made me think by the comment below from Dave Robinson

"I'm making my reply as a member rather than a moderator with my own opinion "

I think the membership forget we are members also, and we have our own opinions, and remember without us there would be no SHADOWMUSIC SITE.

Would are remarks be taken the same way if we were not moderators ! ! !

The job we do here is not easy, and we are in a no win position, and we don't get paid for it.

The biggest problem is THE WRITTEN WORD depending how the readers feels and what kind of day they had and their own personailty, the same posting / message could be read by ten different people and taken ten different ways...........Thats why there will always be conflict of opinion..............So back to the music........... :D
OLDEREK

Postby Shad1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 am

Really enjoyed the interview, thanks Bruce. I still think it would have been great if one of the guys had done a 'blog' of the tour for old times sake. I know, greedy, but I genuinely loved Brians stuff from the final tour.

Malc.
Shad1

Full Real Name: Malcolm C McEwan

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows