Shadowmania professionally filmed/recorded?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Shadowmania professionally filmed/recorded?

Postby iefje » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Bruce's Shadowmania events, which he organised between 1998 and 2012, were highly successful. I was therefor wondering if any of these performances were ever professionally filmed and/or recorded. Does anyone know?
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: Shadowmania professionally filmed/recorded?

Postby JimN » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:05 pm

I am sure that none of them were professionally recorded for video, if that's what you mean.

I was at every one of them, and do not recall camera crews, gantries or positions, still less a production gallery. And I think I would have noticed that!

Of course, the sound was controlled (from a position in the gallery opposite the stage, if I recall correctly) and it is possible that the output mix was recorded.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:55 pm

Officially there were no recordings. I don’t know why but I imagine all the acts would have had to give permission, copyright issues would have had to be addressed and Bruce would have had to take production responsibility.
Bruce was perfectly happy for individual Shads fans to make private recordings, however. Some of these, as we know, “escaped.”
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Didier » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 am

There has been many amateur videos from Shadowmania events, many of them have been published. Of course they are not technically perfect as being filmed with camcorders with built-in mikes...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby iefje » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:12 pm

JimN wrote:I am sure that none of them were professionally recorded for video, if that's what you mean.

I was at every one of them, and do not recall camera crews, gantries or positions, still less a production gallery. And I think I would have noticed that!

Of course, the sound was controlled (from a position in the gallery opposite the stage, if I recall correctly) and it is possible that the output mix was recorded.

Hi Jim. Yes, I was indeed thinking of a recording for a possible official video release. If anything of the audio from the Shadowmania events exists on multitrack tape or other recording medium, it would be great to release.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby shadowriter » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Need to rely on youtube, some really excellent clips, sound is not the greatest though.
They are really enjoyable.
shadowriter

Full Real Name: Norman Johnson

Return to The Shadows