Shadows Music At Toronto

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Shadows Music At Toronto

Postby Nels » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 am

Im pasting a message I received from the Toronto Shadows Club of their successful evening as info for our friends across the pond. You may find it interesting.

Nels

WOW! What a night!
Who Said Cliff Richard & The Shadows had no following in Canada?!! Over 150 of you (I lost count at 156) proved that not to be the case last Saturday. And what a great time everyone was having! I firstly want to welcome all the new folks who came along and joined in the fun, but more importantly it was really terriffic to see so many of our old friends show up again - some after a very long time - and re-establish old friendships, which, along with the music, is what its all about. The sound was good and our bands and players were polished and in top form as attested to by the many people who were dancing for the last half of the evening. It was a pity we could only show 45 minutes of the Cliff & Shadows concert on the big screen, but judging from the sales of the DVD that our pal David MacMillan from Eagle Rock Entertainment was making, many of you were obviously happy to buy a copy to view in the comfort of your own home. David said that Eagle Rock was surprised & delighted with the sales of all the DVD's & CD's he had with him. For those who were not able to be there or who would like another copy, email me and we'll reserve one for you at the same good price.

In addition to Eagle Rock, there are many others to thank for helping make the evening a success. Musicians and sound tech guys come first of course - "Rewind", "The Buddies", Jimmy & Ligia, Basil & his band, "Solid", Martin Payne & Becky & Will of "Hip2B Square", all of whom kept us rocking & rolling until 1.00AM! Thanks also to the "Mill Creek" which everyone said was a great venue offering a widely varied menu and bar selection. It certainly is a very nice place with good food and a great atmosphere. Also the "Mississauga News" who showed up unexpectedly to cover the event and "SNAP Mississauga" who were also there to interview and take pictures. You can visit their websites for pictures of the evening. For The Mississauga News go to www.mississauga.ca Their shots should be in their 'photos' section later this week. Snap Mississauga will publish their coverage on March 1st so go to www.snapnorthmississauga.com on or after that date and take a look.

Given that the attendance was double that of our last club night and cancer fundraiser on November 28, "Sixties Music!" must be doing something you like, so the greatest thanks goes to all of you who made the effort to show up again on such a cold evening with friends & family to show your support. We hope you enjoyed yourselves and will come out again. Congratulations to the winners of the raffles and to John Langford who won the 'silent auction' of the signed Cliff Richard photograph. I hope your wife likes it John!

Last but by no means least, many of you will have noticed Koy-Hong moving among you with his ever present camera during the evening, taking pictures of anything that moved and a few of you who didn't! I leave you with a wonderful selection of shots thats he's presented to us and express our sincere thanks to Koy for these photographs. I'm sure you'd like to see if you can find yourselves in there somewhere so feel free to enjoy and download them.

Our next "Sixties Music!" night will be at the Mill Creek Restaurant again on Saturday March 13 so make sure to mark your calendars, altho' you can expect the usual reminder from me prior to that date. For the musicians who'd like to play its never too early to send your playlists to Steve Valentine at solididshadows@sympatico.ca Remember, the evening's playing is scheduled on a 'first come, first served' basis. So start rehearsing guys and give us again as good as you gave us on Saturday! Thanks again to everybody. As I said - what a night! More are sure to follow!

Regards to all,
Steve Davis.

Koy-Hong is sharing the photo album Jan30 Sixties Music! at Millcreek with you.

View album

“ Stephen: Please convey this link to others in the club. I have given you permission to download and add comments also so you can add tags to the photos for names and band titles.
Lee Koy-Hong ”
Nels

Re: Shadows Music At Toronto

Postby wstagner » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am

wstagner

Return to The Shadows